Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: T3 super light worth?

Quote Originally Posted by GravelBen View Post
    The Tikkas never seem particularly good value for money to me, decent enough but you can buy rifles just as good for a fair bit less. Sure they're a practical reliable rifle, but some people talk them up like they're something special and the ones I've tried just weren't. Why spend $1600 on a Tikka when you can get (for example) a Savage with a nicer trigger, action and safety for hundreds less? (comparing new prices, the difference is probably bigger second hand)
    +1
    Howa also comes to mind in the cheaper than a Tikka but equal category.

You spoke my mind..... be careful there will be sanitary pads swinging in our direction now lol!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rock river arms hunter View Post
    +1
    Howa also comes to mind in the cheaper than a Tikka but equal category.

You spoke my mind..... be careful there will be sanitary pads swinging in our direction now lol!!!
    You need help.
    veitnamcam, GWH, Matt2308 and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tahr View Post
    You need help.
    Most people do, no ones perfect princess:-)

If howas we're equal category with tikkas, we would see a lot more of them around. And tikka would have to put their price down to compete or howa could easily put their price up if they were on par or better.
    Howas shoot OK to good, tikkas tend to shoot good to extremely good.
    A bit is to do with the quality of the barrels, a lot is to do with the stocks and the quality of the factory bedding.
    Flimsy hogue stocks don't help the Howas for that matter. Same thing goes with tikkas action screws over torqued into their factory plastic stock and the stress it puts on the action. A good bedding into a wooden stock can improve things a lot for both brands.
    Pop Shot likes this.

+1 for tikkas

Had a Ruger american nice accurate rifle but the shit mag just pissed me off. Brought 3 new one's all had feeding problems, now I have a Tikka

Gone But Not Forgotten
    There are four things that Tikka do right with their T3/T3x. They shoot superbly, cycle smoothly, feed reliably and most importantly, they have excellent triggers. They do all of these things at a price point well below many more expensive brands that don't do all of those four points.

Quote Originally Posted by Tahr View Post
    You need help.
    I need help after reading that same post. Can't unsee that, unfortunately.

northdude
    Id go for it i ended up getting one in x55 put a 1 piece game reaper on it and adjust the trigger and it just shoots out of the box without forking out for all the extra gay shit that doesnt make it actualy shoot any better as i dont think anything i do to mine will improve it that much more in order of the best shooters ive got it would go savage tikka the 7x57 mauser and m38 mauser all my others fall a fair way back from these