Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: T3x Lite vs Superlite

T3x Lite vs Superlite

I’m seriously looking at getting a .223 back in my safe, and a 1-8” Tikka is the likely candidate (even though I said I’d never own one).
    My preference at this stage is for the standard lite, because it’ll invariably get shortened a bit and threaded, so less mucking around with the fluting etc. Or is it worth going for the Superlite and to hell with cutting into the flutes? Is there any likely accuracy difference between the two? My current knowledge thinks that the un-fluted will have an accuracy edge. Just.

Id say no difference iv had a superlite .260 cabonlights and finnlights they were all crazy accurate i havent had any better results with bigger profile unflutted barrels . Not intrested in a howa mini? Thatll be my next .223
    Hunter_Nick likes this.

i always go superlite if its an option because if not why not
    BRADS and Hunter_Nick like this.
    Konus binoculars " The power to imagine"

Quote Originally Posted by Kelton View Post
    Id say no difference iv had a superlite .260 cabonlights and finnlights they were all crazy accurate i havent had any better results with bigger profile unflutted barrels . Not intrested in a howa mini? Thatll be my next .223
    Yeah mate, thought about a Howa but the full-size version. I want to run the long pills so the ability to run a longer mag is high priority. A custom on a Model 7 like gimps would be the ultimate, but I’ll try it out on a standard rifle before spending the big pingas.

I've had and got Tikka Superlighte's that have been cut into the flutes no issues, they shoot as good if not even better than the standard barrel.
    I did hear that the Superlight uses the Sako finnlight barrel but not sure if that is fact or not.
    Anyway my Superlight .260 I brought of Kelton and sold to Danny is the most accurate rifle I've owned which is cut into the flutes.

Sent from my CPH2145 using Tapatalk
    199p, Hunter_Nick and Jukes like this.

I have a t3x elite (gun citys "superlite" ) in .223 1/8 twist that i will potentially be selling if your interested.
    TianBotha and Hunter_Nick like this.

Quote Originally Posted by 6.5 CRD View Post
    I have a t3x elite (gun citys "superlite" ) in .223 1/8 twist that i will potentially be selling if your interested.
    Hey, could be keen. Pm me the details.

Caretaker
    The Tikka Superlights use Sako Finnlight fluted barrels
    A big fast bullet beats a little fast bullet every time

MB
    I didn't think there was any weight difference between the Lite and Superlite models???

Quote Originally Posted by MB View Post
    I didn't think there was any weight difference between the Lite and Superlite models???
    Not much but some i just like the look
    MB likes this.
    Konus binoculars " The power to imagine"

Guess it’s a fairly unanimous vote for superlite. Thanks for the input everyone

I’ve cut the barrel to 16” on my superlite. 1”8 twist .223. It’s a tack driver.
    7mmsaum, Kelton and Hunter_Nick like this.

+1 on the 16” super lite my one puts the 80 targex and eldm into one ragged hole, need a waters mag to seat them out long enough though
    Nathan F and 25/08 IMP like this.

My suppressed tika t3x lite 308 is cut into the flutes,18in barrel.Very accurate shooter.
    Hunter_Nick likes this.

Same here, i have 2x superlite tikkas that have been cut into the flutes when shortening. DPT did both of them and i dont recall them having any concerns in doing so. Both rifles are if anything more accurate than when they had full length barrels.
    Hunter_Nick and 25/08 IMP like this.