Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Taieri Arms

Quote Originally Posted by Steve123 View Post
    I thought that the Vortex warranty was their main selling point. Is this a case of Kiwi importers being tight arses?
    Could be more difficult than you think if there is more than 1 "Official" distributer here + the grey imports. Local distributor is only responsible for the stuff they import/sell which some find hard to understand

Lazy retailers is the most common issue though, usually they sell the stuff and run, any issues or problems the customers are directed straight to the national distributors quite incorrectly, however if the retailer has gone the onus is on the customer to provide proof of purchase date.
    Hunter_killer likes this.
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

It stands true in the states. Just have problems with having to produce POP in NZ/Aus. This can be hard if you are the 2nd or 3rd owner of this “fully transferable, lifetime warranty”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Steve123 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter_killer View Post
    It stands true in the states. Just have problems with having to produce POP in NZ/Aus. This can be hard if you are the 2nd or 3rd owner of this “fully transferable, lifetime warranty”.

I had a Hunting and Fishing salesman raving on about the great guarantee they had as a major selling point.
    Bought one through Reloaders instead.
    Got a pair of there bino's at the sika show. Guarantee offered was part of the decision to buy.
    Pretty ratshit that the NZ/OZ distributors don't follow the policy.
    Probably wont buy any more Vortex stuff after hearing about people getting fucked around now.

Sent from my SM-G390Y using Tapatalk
    TianBotha and xtightg like this.

I had a Hunting and Fishing salesman raving on about the great guarantee they had as a major selling point.
    Bought one through Reloaders instead.
    Got a pair of there bino's at the sika show. Guarantee offered was part of the decision to buy.
    Pretty ratshit that the NZ/OZ distributors don't follow the policy.
    Probably wont buy any more Vortex stuff after hearing about people getting fucked around now.

Sent from my SM-G390Y using Tapatalk
    This is the the follow up from Extravision.
    So hopefully this will put some people’s mind at rest, weather or not it actually works... well is there someone here that has successfully cashed in on a warranty?

Email;

Good morning Carl

Yes, I agree it can be a bit confusing because there are different policies depending on where the scope came from originally. Because your scope was originally bought within the territory that we are responsible for (ie Australia & New Zealand), you do not need to provide the originally receipt. Some sellers overseas, particularly in the USA do have a policy of requiring receipts for warranty attention – even though Vortex themselves suggest otherwise, they can’t mandate stores to follow the no receipt policy.

I’m not sure if I attached this form with my previous email, but if you can complete as much of this as you can and include it with your scope, that will help us.

(Example insert - can email original)

There has been a problem with counterfeit scopes being sold online, on sites like Ebay, not just for Vortex but for other brands too. When I worked in a gun shop a few years ago I saw a couple of fake Leupolds that had been bought on Ebay…we had very surprised and disappointed customers when we told them their scope was not the real deal and therefore could not be repaired under warranty. This is why we always recommend buying from a proper dealer, or at least finding out where the scope was originally purchased, wherever possible.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Have a lovely day!

Jude

Three years ago I had a sparc i bought 2nd hand and I tore the cover on the on off button. Contacted vortex directly and was told that the model was discontinued but would either be repaired or replaced if I sent it to them. I did a customs dec with sn etc and sent it off. 6 weeks later it comes back with all new rubbers and lense covers.
    Only cost postage to the us.
    I guess things have changed thanks to the un and a lack of world peace.
    Hunter_killer likes this.