Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: thanks heather

If its an AR or AK (any part of), even if its A-Cat, then be prepared to be f**ked around and interrogated if its going to be changed to E-Cat at some future date and time.
    Welcome to Sako club.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexla View Post
    "Types of firearm(s) the ammunition will be used in" - Eat a dick, seriously.
    "Type 69 meat cannon."
    Happy and Tommy like this.

[QUOTE=Rambo

Cant see how any of that is unreasonable
    #BallisticFists

There's a loophole in the law around pcp pistols. You need a fal for pcp rifles but not pistols

[QUOTE=scoped;469247][QUOTE=Rambo

Cant see how any of that is unreasonable[/QUOTE]
    I don't think its unreasonable just a bit of a more of a hassle
    probably for the better will make it harder to jimmy the form and obtain a gun without a licence..... but just caught me by surprise when they handed me the new form and how much extra effort went into it and the arms office sign off bit etc

Quote Originally Posted by possum_shooter View Post
    There's a loophole in the law around pcp pistols. You need a fal for pcp rifles but not pistols
    never knew that jezz that's dodge I know of a guy that has a 9mm pcp pistol shoots 124gn cast bullets at a decent clip he has a FAL but to think you could get your hands on something that powerful with no licence scares the crap out of me

Quote Originally Posted by dogmatix View Post
    If its an AR or AK (any part of), even if its A-Cat, then be prepared to be f**ked around and interrogated if its going to be changed to E-Cat at some future date and time.
    I've got to go get a form to sort old Digit the Damned out for a couple of receivers, so I'll see what the current rate of being dicked around is sitting at. I'm lucky in that the one AO at Central is a an absolute gem, but if it's that Rose harpy that pops up at the counter I'm leaving and coming back later, fuck that, some people should never be allowed near a goddam clipboard.
    dogmatix and Beavis like this.

Quote Originally Posted by rambo-6mmrem View Post
    I own 2 pcp airguns which are classed as firearms so you need a licence to own so i think thats what they mean by restricted airguns allso i think full auto bb guns can be brought /used now maybe them too
    Airsoft stores have now been told from PNZ that they are now required to use these forms for airsoft guns, when previously they just asked you to email them your ID.

[QUOTE=scoped;469247][QUOTE=Rambo

Cant see how any of that is unreasonable[/QUOTE]
    Can't see how any of that is legally required.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Jexla View Post
    Airsoft stores have now been told from PNZ that they are now required to use these forms for airsoft guns, when previously they just asked you to email them your ID.
    And so they should its pretty easy to borrow or steal an id for a photo thats why the form is there in the 1st place

Quote Originally Posted by Chilli_Dog View Post
    it is interesting that the Police form states that it is the only way to take reasonable steps to ascertain age or FAL.
    Police don't have the authority to make that determination, only the courts do.

I also have no idea how their restricted airgun system works, being any airgun that looks like a pistol, that kind of reads like anyone buying an air pistol off tardme has to belong to some sort of club?
    S43a mail order forms aren't required for Air soft. They are only required for firearms, ammunition and restricted weapons (and yet not restricted weapons? )

Restricted airguns aren't restricted weapons.

Apart from being dicked around the first time because I have lived at my current address for 4 years but the police had never came to recheck my security, I find it really quick and easy as long as you have the other persons details.
    The last one I did I even rocked up to the little local police station here in Culverden, I had the form printed allready and filled it all out, local cop took a look, signed it and fired it off through email to the arms officer in chch straight away, I find it very hard to believe that they would use snail mail to send them to an arms officer in this day and age. All in all a pretty easy painless process, took up all of about twenty minutes of my time from the time I printed the form, till the time the local officer had fired it away to the arms officer.
    I have traditionally always only looked at buying/selling rifles locally, or within the confines of the south island because I had been put off by people saying how its such a painfull process, but its easy as, has opened up a whole new world of stuff I could possibly blow money on! haha
    gadgetman and sambnz like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Koshogi View Post
    Police don't have the authority to make that determination, only the courts do.

S43a mail order forms aren't required for Air soft. They are only required for firearms, ammunition and restricted weapons (and yet not restricted weapons? )

Restricted airguns aren't restricted weapons.

They may well not be, but the police have got a very specific paragraph about them on the second page of the mail order form. Then with the incredibly vague description of a restricted airgun being anything that looks like a pistol.... which Im guessing they actually mean a loose copy of an actual firearm, although maybe they are leaving this open because of the whole pistol grip thing.

Edit, the Whole PCP pistol thing, even though these can be held without a FAL it seems it is impossible to import one

Quote Originally Posted by rambo-6mmrem View Post
    And so they should its pretty easy to borrow or steal an id for a photo thats why the form is there in the 1st place
    End of the day what under 16 year old is going to go through the hassle to get a gun that shoots 6mm plastic bb's, they're also not exactly cheap.

They may well not be, but the police have got a very specific paragraph about them on the second page of the mail order form.
    They can write an entire book on the matter, doesn't make it a requirement.
    Tommy likes this.