Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Thoughts on this??

Quote Originally Posted by Gibo View Post
    That's a bloody cool photo effect there Mr Baggins
    Cheers Gibo, that pic was taken on a Fiordland solo mission. Tried getting my whole head in it, but the camera was precariously perched on my pack on a pretty steep tussock face.

Op:

Here are the pros and cons.

Pros:

*The rifle you're looking at is priced very nicely, and way under rrp.

*Low bolt lift (can mount scope nice and low).

*Quality - nicely made/nicely finished rifles which are just as good as anything, barring the most expensive custom builds and European factory offerings.

*Light weight. 5 3/4 pounds is a great weight for a rifle. Will be bang on 7 pounds with a larger heavier scope, or sub 7 with something smaller. This gives you flexibility.

*22" barrel. Won't get all the performance of a 24" in .270 win, but what you do get is sufficient performance and maneuverability.

They're not a Tikka T3, so you won't look like a conformist, i-eat-vanilla-icecream-every-day-of-the-week, type of hunter.

Cons:

*Chromoly action and blued finish on a stainless barrel. They suffer from rust quite a bit, but a cerakote job or regular oiling can fix that.

*Due to the light contour barrel, they can be a bit finicky with ammo and they hear up quickly, so they are no varmint or range guns! But once you feed it something it likes they'll shoot. Mine does roughly .6-.7 moa.

Depending on how fussy you are, the bell and Carson stocks aren't the best out there (think McMillan), but they're a he'll of a lot better than most other factory synthetic stocks. And for hunting purposes, they're all you need really.

The triggers can be a bit creepy from factory, but can be worked on by a gunsmith and made nice and crisp. Timneys are also available.
    Last edited by Frodo; 31-10-2017 at 01:47 PM.
    Gibo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Yeah they're mint rifles. $1700 or thereabouts is a bargain. Paid over $3800 for my .270 win ultralight.

Shoots sub-moa and it's super light. Low bolt lift makes cycling another round rather quick and painless.

I've owned Tikkas and Sakos. Prefer the MKV.
    Looks like its not his favourite rifle though.
    Gibo and Frodo like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Cheers Gibo, that pic was taken on a Fiordland solo mission. Tried getting my whole head in it, but the camera was precariously perched on my pack on a pretty steep tussock face.
    Even betterer then