Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Thoughts on Voere .22’s

Thoughts on Voere .22’s

I’ve been given an older Voere .22 semi-auto and subsequently acquired a bolt action as well. They both group well enough. In two minds whether to hold on to either (don’t need two, not easy to find parts) so it would be great to hear your thoughts on these .22’s in general - worth hanging on to, or better off selling both to good homes?? Any thoughts/feedback appreciated

I think they are great, had a few .22s from Anschutz to Norinco and my Voere B/A is the best shooter of them all.
    apkiwi and Moa Hunter like this.

The Voere 2000 ( high end Voere which became the Mauser 201) was one of the classiest .22 BA’s around in my opinion.
    apkiwi and Moa Hunter like this.

I believe the two models I have are a 2114 and a 2119…..so not their top models I believe? The top two in the photo. The mag in the semi is a gevarm (cycled fine but did not sit in there by itself) but I’ve managed to source a Voere semi mag finally Name:  IMG_5746.jpeg
Views: 675
Size:  1.76 MB

Voere is an Austrian make - previously German. Voere 22LRs look typically euro in style and appearance - very similar to Krico models and to some extent Weihrauch. Most are basic 22s - not high end product. They are generally accurate and pretty reliable, but as you note, the problem is they are something of an orphan brand and parts availability is a real issue. The basic bolt action is good - I don't know the semiauto. They don't command high price here - usually about $350-450 on trademe for a tidy one with basic scope.

I'd probably keep the little bolt action and sell the semiauto. Just my 2c... Rimfirecentral does note a few probs with the semiauto, though if you have a good reliable one it might also be a keeper.

Magazines used to be the big problem for Voeres but these are now importable by anyone with a firearms licence. Other parts like pins, extractors mat have to be machined here. For springs - take any old worn spring down to Mitre 10 and there you'll find displays of small springs of all sizes/compressions. Just choose right size, and against your old spring, choose the compression/strength you want. Mate just changed trigger spring in his Marlin 17HMR in minutes using exact new spring from the Mitre 10 rack!. Cost $3-4.

https://riflemags.co.uk/voere-magazines/

The Voere 2000 @Southcity mentions sounds a good one if you can find it.
    apkiwi and 10-Ring like this.

A Voere 2000.

Name:  IMG_0842.jpeg
Views: 627
Size:  116.0 KB
    sneeze, mudgripz, apkiwi and 3 others like this.

Gone But Not Forgotten
    My first rifle in December 1968 was a made in Germany, Voere bolt action same the middle rifle in the OP's pics for $44 new. It was beech stained walnut. A friend at that time bought the de-luxe version which had a walnut stock, white line spacer on the butt pad, basket weave checkering and a more angular fore-end similar to some base Anschutz models at that time. My Voere was extremely accurate.
    apkiwi likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Southcity View Post
    A Voere 2000.

Attachment 223272
    Found a pic of my Mauser 201. ( which is in .22 Magnum) Identical to the Voere 2000.

Name:  IMG_1792.jpeg
Views: 724
Size:  3.31 MB
    apkiwi, 10-Ring, 57jl and 3 others like this.

The single shot rifle is pretty handsome!
    What is it Southcity? Cheers

Hi @apkiwi Back in the mid seventies I worked at Pack and Rifle in Rotorua and we sold a lot of Voere bolt and semi-auto rifles.

In the early eighties I worked in the firearms division of Kilwell Sports who were the importers of Voere rifles. We had very few Voere rifles returned for service. Those that were sent in were generally the semi-auto 2114 and mostly just needed a thorough cleaning.

Looking at your photos I believe that your bolt action may be a model 2107. Both models tended to be rather accurate.
    apkiwi likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AMac View Post
    The single shot rifle is pretty handsome!
    What is it Southcity? Cheers
    Dakota M10 in 257 Roberts

Mate had the top rifle in post #4. I always thought it was ugly with the bit between the trigger guard and the mag. On reflection it probably served a purpose though and the long mag was less hangy down/catchy. His was extremely accurate for a semi.

A couple of year ago I bought a single shot Voere at an auction. It is exactly the same as the good old Gecado Plinker but very much a deluxe version. Raised cheekpiece, very nice timber etc.
    It left me wondering about the relationship between Voere and Gecado. Gecado is another company that it is quite hard to research.
    apkiwi likes this.

My first rifle was Voere BA same as this:
    https://greatnorthgunco.ca/product/v...repeater-22lr/

It was accurate enough but the trigger was a looong two two-stage with a lot of creep. There was no real fix as the sear functioned as the bolt stop. If you decreased the first stage travel or lightened it significantly, the bolt would eject under fast cycling
    apkiwi likes this.

Thanks Tech, I did some googling re Model 2107 and found some old brochures on the Voere website, it looks like a match!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech View Post
    Hi @apkiwi Back in the mid seventies I worked at Pack and Rifle in Rotorua and we sold a lot of Voere bolt and semi-auto rifles.

In the early eighties I worked in the firearms division of Kilwell Sports who were the importers of Voere rifles. We had very few Voere rifles returned for service. Those that were sent in were generally the semi-auto 2114 and mostly just needed a thorough cleaning.

Looking at your photos I believe that your bolt action may be a model 2107. Both models tended to be rather accurate.

Really appreciate the great feedback everyone, so much knowledge out there