Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: Tikka T3 Scope Rings issues

Quote Originally Posted by mayfly View Post
    What front screw? If you can get a dollar note this far you're all good!Attachment 27585
    Im good then
    mayfly likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mayfly View Post
    What front screw? If you can get a dollar note this far you're all good!Attachment 27585
    Ok second look, not quite there. Socket and sand
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 748
Size:  392.3 KB

Hi @upstalker, I got that because the places/shops I have around me didn't have it in any brand and I have a spare piccatiny rail.
    Listening all of the feedback you guys gave me I just bought couple box of ammo Norma 140gr and Hornady 139gr. Also got another ring (Warne again) but this time to fit straight on the action dive tail

Let's wait and see the results.
    Thank you
    Bryan, Uplandstalker and Gibo like this.

Good luck Mac, my T3 loved norma factory ammo as far as factory goes anyway.

Just floated me barrel a bit better. Range test this weekend me thinks
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 692
Size:  357.9 KB
    Bryan, mayfly and PERRISCICABA like this.

Quote Originally Posted by PERRISCICABA View Post
    Hi @upstalker, I got that because the places/shops I have around me didn't have it in any brand and I have a spare piccatiny rail.
    Listening all of the feedback you guys gave me I just bought couple box of ammo Norma 140gr and Hornady 139gr. Also got another ring (Warne again) but this time to fit straight on the action dive tail

Let's wait and see the results.
    Thank you
    Factory ammo is just like reloading; Taylor the ammo to suit the rifle. Find what works and stick to it.

I know a few guys with Tikka rifles and most seem to like the Federal Blue box stuff, but there are heaps of factory options out there.

Enjoy.
    PERRISCICABA likes this.

@Gibo
    Is that a HS-T or a PST?

@Gibo
    Is that a HS-T or a PST?
    Just the HS mate. Im a bush hobit thats trying to extend the legs so wanted turret covers
    PERRISCICABA likes this.

I have 2 HST(4-16x44) and a PST(6-24x50)

I have 2 HST(4-16x44) and a PST(6-24x50)
    Pretty good gear aye
    PERRISCICABA likes this.

i've got warnes on my tikka and there excellent all you need is to do them up and tight as you can using the short bit of the allen key in your fingers.... your fingers hurt like hell before you can do any damage to anything.
    Once i've done that i back each of off at a time put a drop of lock tite on and good as gold, worked well for me. I've learnt things don't have to be uber tight to work well.
    PERRISCICABA likes this.

Ok everybody!
    Listening all the feedback I received, and appreciated, I bought s new set of rings(still the Warne brand) but now in the ringt model for he Tikka dovetail.
    I put everything back together with my Vortex Viper HS-T and so far it is looking stunning.
    I have someone interested in my rifle so I am holding back for few days and see if It will go or stay. I also bought a box each of Norma and Federal blue box ammo to check it. Fingers cross I "may" give you all a feedback regards the results.
    Thank you a lot for all the help and info.

Mac
    Bryan and Uplandstalker like this.

Good evening!
    Great "funny" news.
    Had a chat with a friend and we went to his 100mt spot for some shooting today. During the drive to the site i did explain everything to him and he also gave me exactly the same advises i got from you guys, so, i really did a great job during my preparation.
    Everything set and i fire my first 4 rounds with the Federal blue box 150gr and the results wasn't as expected. gave it a while to cool down and had another string of fire, still no success, photo bellow.
    Name:  IMG_1053.jpg
Views: 783
Size:  948.6 KB
    After the disappoint start "we decide to swap the ammo for the Norma 140gr, huh, funny but not funny…
    Name:  IMG_5276.jpg
Views: 739
Size:  286.7 KB
    had another wait for the cool down and here we go again,
    Name:  IMG_5275.jpg
Views: 872
Size:  386.2 KB
    OK, it is not working, what to do? So Shaun and I start to review everything, scope rings, bedding, suppressor fitting, bipod and everything was looking good. Another while shooting tracers with the .22 at a little still plate at 100mts and i start again.Back to the Federal ammo and?!?!we could not find were the other 2 rounds end up…
    Name:  IMG_5279.jpg
Views: 784
Size:  402.6 KB
    OK, so back to square zero, think and think, lets carry on playing with the .22 and our 7mm Rem Mag too. So load development and i was happy with the results.
    Name:  IMG_1050.jpg
Views: 855
Size:  352.4 KBName:  IMG_1051.jpg
Views: 755
Size:  439.0 KB
    OK, time is running out as the bad weather is approaching and it will be dark soon. Shaun suggest to have a go and take the shooter error from the question. Boom, and he quickly said, "something is wrong with this rifle" Name:  IMG_5282.jpg
Views: 856
Size:  294.9 KB. As we didn't have time to swap targets Shaun decide to aim to the green ballon and you can see the result.
    OK, it is a last go, i have just a few more cartridge in hand, Shaun suggest to take the suppressor of and he had another go with the 2 Federal we have in sight, not happy with the result he just "quit", i got the last 4 Norma rounds and had also had a go without the suppressor. LOL!
    Name:  IMG_5281.jpg
Views: 714
Size:  453.7 KB

So, resuming. We could not find a reasonable explanation for what is/was happening till the VERY LAST 4 shots, we discuss all the shooting during our drive back to his place and i decide, that is it, i will keep this rifle and will work out a load for it sometime in the near future, UNLESS, someone interested in a 7mm-08 want to buy it.
    In total i put another 38 rounds thru it today, what count 78 rounds fire in this round.

Setup is, Tikka T3 Lite in 7mm-08, Harris Bipod, Vortex Viper HS-T 4-16X44 SFP, 30mm Warne rings(suitable for Tikka dovetail action rail) shooting from a rest bag under the stock.

Thank you a lot for all of you guys who kindly gave me all of those feedbacks, i really appreciate it.

Signing out for now with more updates about my hand loads in the future.

Mac

Good evening!
    Great "funny" news.
    Had a chat with a friend and we went to his 100mt spot for some shooting today. During the drive to the site i did explain everything to him and he also gave me exactly the same advises i got from you guys, so, i really did a great job during my preparation.
    Everything set and i fire my first 4 rounds with the Federal blue box 150gr and the results wasn't as expected. gave it a while to cool down and had another string of fire, still no success, photo bellow.
    Attachment 27773
    After the disappoint start "we decide to swap the ammo for the Norma 140gr, huh, funny but not funny…
    Attachment 27774
    had another wait for the cool down and here we go again,
    Attachment 27775
    OK, it is not working, what to do? So Shaun and I start to review everything, scope rings, bedding, suppressor fitting, bipod and everything was looking good. Another while shooting tracers with the .22 at a little still plate at 100mts and i start again.Back to the Federal ammo and?!?!we could not find were the other 2 rounds end up…
    Attachment 27776
    OK, so back to square zero, think and think, lets carry on playing with the .22 and our 7mm Rem Mag too. So load development and i was happy with the results.
    Attachment 27777Attachment 27778
    OK, time is running out as the bad weather is approaching and it will be dark soon. Shaun suggest to have a go and take the shooter error from the question. Boom, and he quickly said, "something is wrong with this rifle" Attachment 27779. As we didn't have time to swap targets Shaun decide to aim to the green ballon and you can see the result.
    OK, it is a last go, i have just a few more cartridge in hand, Shaun suggest to take the suppressor of and he had another go with the 2 Federal we have in sight, not happy with the result he just "quit", i got the last 4 Norma rounds and had also had a go without the suppressor. LOL!
    Attachment 27780

So, resuming. We could not find a reasonable explanation for what is/was happening till the VERY LAST 4 shots, we discuss all the shooting during our drive back to his place and i decide, that is it, i will keep this rifle and will work out a load for it sometime in the near future, UNLESS, someone interested in a 7mm-08 want to buy it.
    In total i put another 38 rounds thru it today, what count 78 rounds fire in this round.

Setup is, Tikka T3 Lite in 7mm-08, Harris Bipod, Vortex Viper HS-T 4-16X44 SFP, 30mm Warne rings(suitable for Tikka dovetail action rail) shooting from a rest bag under the stock.

Thank you a lot for all of you guys who kindly gave me all of those feedbacks, i really appreciate it.

Signing out for now with more updates about my hand loads in the future.

Mac
    For sale is ONLY the rifle and suppressor.

I am sorry for some spelling erros and my "bad" english.

Mac

So it is the suppressor then.
    Can you see any sign of bullet strike inside it?

Sent from my GT-S5360T using Tapatalk 2
    PERRISCICABA likes this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Suppressor by the looks of it,I've had similar issues with one of mine. What brand is it mac?
    PERRISCICABA likes this.