Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Cool Trued M700 vs Barnard mod P.

Hey guys, just after opinions of the above.
    At a cross roads for my new rem mag, it will be a single shot, 26inch quad bike queen.
    Not interested in Trikkas or others etc. Just 700s vs Barnard's.
    Cheers

I'm very pleased with my recently acquired Barnard P. Well priced in comparison to having a 700 worked (or clone) + Jewell, though this would depend on the price paid to initially get the bare action. Very nice trigger but won't go down in pull to very light. Not stainless, and rather heavy, but then can carry larger barrel profiles with ease. Fast lock-time. No safety. No integral mounts (if you are also comparing to 700 clone options). There are better looking actions out there. Can be used off-the-shelf without any further work if time is an issue. Did I mention they are heavy? Has three different options for arresting recoil, but works well in the Barnard supplied V-block. But ultimately is as close to a certain thing to not being the limiting factor for accuracy in any build than anything else you could lay your hands on (if that sentence makes sense?). Depends on your build priorities really.
    Last edited by Puffin; 29-10-2016 at 11:10 PM.