Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Unique X51 BIS magazine wanted

Unique X51 BIS magazine wanted

Hi,
    I have a Unique X51 BIS and would do anything for a magazine as my one is now absent. Any help in getting one would be appreciated.

A rare beast indeed, I figure your best bet would be to drop into the various gun shops in Auckland, most have a few old mags lying about, you might find something that will fit. If you are up this way (Whangarei), you could drop in, I have a few that I don't know what they are from....best of luck.

Firstly well worth finding a mag. Superb semi .22. I have two myself and imported a number of 5 shot mags from France a few years ago. The 5 shot is the preferred mag in my book as it sits flush with the mag well.
    Interestingly about 5 years ago my cousin walked into GC ChCh and in the box of unnamed mags there was a X51 mag.
    If you end up buying one on line just check the mag width. There is two models with subtle width differences. ( one is for the bolt action version). Best of luck.

If you do come across a mag for a bolt-action Unique during your search, perhaps you could let me know. I know someone who would appreciate a spare.

Good luck with your search. I'll let you know if I see an X51 version.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulNZ View Post
    If you do come across a mag for a bolt-action Unique during your search, perhaps you could let me know. I know someone who would appreciate a spare.

Good luck with your search. I'll let you know if I see an X51 version.
    Hi PaulNZ, can you ask your friend if they can measure the width of the Unique bolt mag they have please? This needs to be done with a vernier if at all possible. I have a brand new Unique 5 shot mag that is too wide to fit in my X51 BIS so maybe it is a bolt action mag.

Banned
    measured mine for you . Hopefully it makes sense

Name:  unique1.jpg
Views: 134
Size:  71.1 KB

Name:  unique2.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  72.4 KB

Name:  unique3.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  72.8 KB

Name:  unique4.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  62.8 KB

I have their Audax bolt gun. They also made the flasher Dioptra. I would assume both their bolt guns take the same mags. Mmmm, maybe better to not assume.
    At any rate I have 2 mags. The flush fitting one and a real long one that the seller told me may have come out of a Unique 22 pistol. It fits and functions perfectly.
    The short mag measures 11.23mm wide across the lips and 11.34 wide down the body. The long mag is 11.34mm wide across the lips and 11.36mm wide down the body.
    There is sideways slop when either mag is in. The bottom metal gap is 11.43mm.

Name:  Screenshot_20231203_204937_Gallery.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  1.51 MB
    Last edited by zimmer; 03-12-2023 at 08:55 PM.

About 2 years ago I contacted the company in Paris that took over Unique, or at least got all their parts. They are currently making cf rifles branded Unique.
    At any rate, I asked them about spares for my Audax. Their reply was as very short "No parts". Disappointing, because a mate contacted them about 5 years ago for X51 bits and they did have some parts including X51 mags.

There are plenty for sale in France.

Search using the model name ,followed by the French word for magazine " chargeur"

"Unique X51 BIS chargeur"
    "Unique X51 BIS charger de fusil"

Kiwi forums probably don't have an abundance of obsolete French gun parts kicking around.

On the other hand,it's interesting where stuff can turn up. I bought a dozen new Gevarm mags in a antique shop in Denmark years ago. I made a heap selling them,they went all over the place .
    Last edited by norsk; 03-12-2023 at 09:15 PM.
    "Sixty percent of the time,it works every time"

Quote Originally Posted by Tech View Post
    Hi PaulNZ, can you ask your friend if they can measure the width of the Unique bolt mag they have please? This needs to be done with a vernier if at all possible. I have a brand new Unique 5 shot mag that is too wide to fit in my X51 BIS so maybe it is a bolt action mag.
    @Tech - Width 11.27mm below the feed lips and 11.31mm further down the mag body - see photos below. These look like very similar measurements to those posted by zimmer for his Audax (this one is actually the Dioptra T he refers to) and a bit wider than sportco62's measurements (which I'm guessing are for an actual X51?)

If your mag doesn't fit your X51 but matches with these measurements, would you be interested in selling?

Name:  Pic 1.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  803.2 KB

Name:  Pic 2.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  970.5 KB

Name:  Pic 3.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  910.7 KB

Name:  Pic 4.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  663.6 KB
    Last edited by PaulNZ; 03-12-2023 at 09:17 PM. Reason: Added photos

@PaulNZ I will pull it out of the safe tomorrow and take measurements and post photos. The one I have has nowhere near the amount of angle on the base as the one in your photo and the photo @zimmer posted. It is more like the one @sportco62 posted.
    PaulNZ likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech View Post
    @PaulNZ I will pull it out of the safe tomorrow and take measurements and post photos. The one I have has nowhere near the amount of angle on the base as the one in your photo and the photo @zimmer posted. It is more like the one @sportco62 posted.
    I knew I'd read something about the widths of these mags before, and I just found the link:

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/threa.../#post-5370835

Seems like there's two different widths for both the semi-auto and bolt-action versions.
    zimmer and Tech like this.

Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    About 2 years ago I contacted the company in Paris that took over Unique, or at least got all their parts. They are currently making cf rifles branded Unique.
    At any rate, I asked them about spares for my Audax. Their reply was as very short "No parts". Disappointing, because a mate contacted them about 5 years ago for X51 bits and they did have some parts including X51 mags.
    Hi Zimmer, this is where I got a supply of 5 shot mags for my two X51’s. This was at least 5 years ago. I had them picked up by a dealer who went to the Nuremberg Gun show. They had very few then. But I have seen several for sale on line second hand in France. Getting them now out of of France now with regs and language topics would be challenging. There’s a lot to be said about single shot rifles😂
    zimmer likes this.

No regs for exporting Rifle Mags 10 rounds and under in the EU.
    "Sixty percent of the time,it works every time"

Quote Originally Posted by PaulNZ View Post
    I knew I'd read something about the widths of these mags before, and I just found the link:

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/threa.../#post-5370835

Seems like there's two different widths for both the semi-auto and bolt-action versions.
    The mag I have here really does appear to be a wider version of the X51 BIS semi mag. When I worked in Pack and Rifle and then at Kilwell I can't remember ever coming across different sized mags. The last photo is a standard X51 BIS on the left with the wider version next to it.Name:  20231204_103051.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  1.57 MB7Name:  20231204_103131.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  1.50 MBName:  20231204_103316.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  1.60 MBName:  20231204_103423.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  1.47 MBName:  20231204_104422(0).jpg
Views: 82
Size:  1.66 MB