Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Using geovid hd in yards

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bernie View Post
    They are brand new and new to me using them my old range finder is aleica range master 800 I think it's got to be held very steady compared to the 800 have talked to supplier they say it's probably a slight movement thing on my behalf (didn't have that prob with 800s) but no prob if not all under warranty if needed .like I Said mite just have to get use to them and using in two hands and be steady but I wanted to see if there is a knack to it hence the thread cheers and everyone have a good Xmas
    If the Geovid is not ranging better than the old 800 I think you may have a problem. Like Greg said bright sun is an issue, as is fog, but side by side the Geovid should at least keep up with the 800 I would have hoped(I guess its a CRF?).

Caretaker
    Mine read to 1344yrds consistently and the newer hd model works to 1444 yrds.

They don't like cloud/fog/mist/rain
    A big fast bullet beats a little fast bullet every time

Sounds like I need to train mine up a bit... Can get 950 yards if I'm lucky, usually around the 800-900. This is with the old model 1300yard geovids

Quote Originally Posted by kiwijames View Post
    If the Geovid is not ranging better than the old 800 I think you may have a problem. Like Greg said bright sun is an issue, as is fog, but side by side the Geovid should at least keep up with the 800 I would have hoped(I guess its a CRF?).
    Yip. Crf think I will take back to shop give the sales guy a go also can try another' pair there, ( that should tell if it's just me)

How far is it meant to range?
    VIVA LA HOWA

Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    It's not so much a distance issue but a consistent reading issue at varying ranges from 0 to what ever. In saying that I seem to be getting better with it went to park next door to my house and was gettin good reading have had 1300 something out of it.startin to feel I mite be getting the hang of it(will still get it checked at shop can't hurt)

Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 7mmsaum View Post
    Mine read to 1344yrds consistently and the newer hd model works to 1444 yrds.

They don't like cloud/fog/mist/rain

Went back to shop Cameron had it workin fine( confirmed what he was ranging)they do have to be steady it seams compared to 800 anyway . said come back if I have still got probs they will sort can't get fairer than that . Better get in the hills and learn to use it properly(Bella's got the old set so she's. Back up)off to shoot wallabies on 27th will give a report on how it all goes

Sorted problem ,sometimes when I was holding them as u do binoculars one of my fingers would be in front of laser not any more now all is good (worked this out on last hunting trip)