Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Vortex "Grey market product" warranty

Strange...

1. The Vortex Worldwide Lifetime VIP Warranty covers your purchase worldwide through the distributor or dealer in the country where you purchased your product.

2. Distributors and dealers in countries other than where you made your purchase may apply service charges due to different rules and regulations in that country. We recommend you make your purchases from your local distributor or dealer to ensure you get the best service should there ever be a need.

3. Products that are not imported into your country by the Vortex Authorized Distributor, including items brought in to a country without having paid the necessary taxes and duties, are considered “Grey Market Products” and are not covered by this warranty.
    Paragraph 2 implies the international warranty is covered if you purchased overseas, but you may be liable for charges with the local distee (e.g. freight).

Paragraph 3 seems to imply if the local distee does not bring in a particular model then you are f**ked (which is not uncommon in NZ). So if Rangefinder Model 50 and 100 are available in NZ, but not 200.... and you buy a Model 200 from overseas it is technically unsupported in NZ - then you are f**ked.

The bit about taxes and duties is just bollocks-speak.

International warranties (paragraph 1) are hard work, as a user may turn around and say "I brought my vortex when I was in the USA/living in the USA" or whatever bullshit reason and be perfect justified in asking for their warranty to be honoured. That said you have no grounds under the CGA for dealing with someone outside of NZ (your rights of recourse and f**ked). I'm pretty sure all 3 paragraphs are contradictory and you just stick to point #1.

There's "advice" on here from members I respect that is complete bollocks.

Last weekend Saturday I dropped my Vortex Ranger 1800 rangefinder onto my shed concrete floor. Purchased from Broncos April 2018.

That rangefinder had been extremely well used. Hundreds and hundreds of animals, many shot at decent longish range. Mud, rain, sub-zero, baking hot (including being left on the dash in the sun once, oops).

After I dropped it, it wouldn't give me a range. It would give me an angle, but not a range.

I sent it to Broncos on Monday morning, and had a brand new replacement Diamondback 2000 in the postbox on Wednesday.

No questions, no quibble.

I've tested the replacement unit, and it's absolutely spot on, to the metre, out to 1,107m, which is as far as I have a validated (surveyed) distance to test with.

In the meantime, I continue using two Vortex Viper PST scopes that are equally well used, that I bought in 2014, faultless. Ditto with the Diamondback binos bought in 2016, which have been given every chance to fail due to a very hard life, but haven't. And the Diamondback FFP scope on my .22LR which dials perfectly and gives me the confidence to shoot small critters at some crazy ranges for a .22.

Ignore the "no receipt" thing and just buy from a Vortex retailer and keep your receipt. Photograph it and file it away. If you buy it online, file the retailer's email order confirmation properly. These things always matter.

That's advice from recent experience, no the normal anti-Vortex blah blah we see on here, hey Andy
    Konev, Oli1102 and J-W-G like this.
    Just...say...the...word

Quote Originally Posted by Flyblown View Post
    There's "advice" on here from members I respect that is complete bollocks.

Last weekend Saturday I dropped my Vortex Ranger 1800 rangefinder onto my shed concrete floor. Purchased from Broncos April 2018.

That rangefinder had been extremely well used. Hundreds and hundreds of animals, many shot at decent longish range. Mud, rain, sub-zero, baking hot (including being left on the dash in the sun once, oops).

After I dropped it, it wouldn't give me a range. It would give me an angle, but not a range.

I sent it to Broncos on Monday morning, and had a brand new replacement Diamondback 2000 in the postbox on Wednesday.

No questions, no quibble.

I've tested the replacement unit, and it's absolutely spot on, to the metre, out to 1,107m, which is as far as I have a validated (surveyed) distance to test with.

In the meantime, I continue using two Vortex Viper PST scopes that are equally well used, that I bought in 2014, faultless. Ditto with the Diamondback binos bought in 2016, which have been given every chance to fail due to a very hard life, but haven't. And the Diamondback FFP scope on my .22LR which dials perfectly and gives me the confidence to shoot small critters at some crazy ranges for a .22.

Ignore the "no receipt" thing and just buy from a Vortex retailer and keep your receipt. Photograph it and file it away. If you buy it online, file the retailer's email order confirmation properly. These things always matter.

That's advice from recent experience, no the normal anti-Vortex blah blah we see on here, hey Andy
    Nice of you to think of me Dave!
    Sounds like you have plenty of vortex products so when they break you have a spare till they can get a new one to ya!

Sent from my SM-A226B using Tapatalk
    BRADS and Flyblown like this.
    My favorite sentences i like to hear are - I suppose so. and Send It!