Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Vortex Viper problem

northdude
    Possibly if the caps got that protective clear plastic stuck to it to stop damage during transit

Quote Originally Posted by Gibo View Post
    Sure it wasn't the suppressor causing haze? Blocking view? Laugh if it was
    Nope. Wasn't suppressor. It was all hazy even when the rifle hadn't been fired. Barrel and suppressor were cold to touch
    Life is natures way of keeping meat fresh

Quote Originally Posted by chainsaw View Post
    take the scope back to shop and get it replaced
    Yup, Vortex are replacing it under warranty

Quote Originally Posted by northdude View Post
    Possibly if the caps got that protective clear plastic stuck to it to stop damage during transit
    Wish it was. Would've made it an easy fix. Unfortunately its an internal problem.

Wow you guys sure have it in for Vortex. I have a heap of them from a cheap Diamondback to the AMG and they perform very well. Maybe for the first time in my life I am lucky with something. It does tick me off when people comment with phrases like "I have heard or I read on a forum..." Vortex have been a great supporter of long range shooting events in NZ for several years such as NZ Mountain Challenge and Alpine Long Range. I am not saying their scopes are perfect but they do have a brilliant warrantee. This lets give them crap every time someone has an issue is childish and sure doesn't reflect well on us all. A little respect for a company that supports out sport wouldn't go amiss. There I feel better.
    Konev, Dan, EK9132 and 4 others like this.

They are just jealous.

Well said dermastor. They support a lot of shooting events. Quite often $7000+ on the prize tables. I have had a fault with an early gen1 pst but it was more a design fault and they allowed me to upgrade to the gen2 model. I have a few others an in each of the price ranges they perform well.

Year my ior broke internally but because it isn’t in USA sorry no warranty. Must pay $1000 to get repaired in aussi. Was 7 years old.

northdude
    Every ones allowed an opinion here

Quote Originally Posted by northdude View Post
    Every ones allowed an opinion here
    Very true.
    We have had the vortex reps here shooting before with a car load of reasonable gear to be fair and nice blokes.
    But I've seen more animals lost at dusk with vortex glass than any other and more brake than any other brand, so whenever a newbie asks what to buy with there hard earned $ I feel it only fair to say anything but vortex.
    Theres always someone posting about a broken one on here if that doesn't tell you something....

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by cambo View Post
    Nope. Wasn't suppressor. It was all hazy even when the rifle hadn't been fired. Barrel and suppressor were cold to touch
    I didn't mean the heart mirage from the suppressor, I meant the suppressor itself getting in the way of your sight picture, it will look like a haze in the bottom part of the sight picture.

MSL
    More than two years ago, haha

Quote Originally Posted by Gibo View Post
    I didn't mean the heart mirage from the suppressor, I meant the suppressor itself getting in the way of your sight picture, it will look like a haze in the bottom part of the sight picture.
    Oh haha nah not that. Even with the suppressor off it did it so not the supressor
    Gibo likes this.

Yeah I'm not bagging Vortex here. They have been very quick to say they'd replace it.
    This scope was originally a prize from a Alpine LR shoot down here which they support.