Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Vx-5hd vs elite 6500

Quote Originally Posted by Cartman View Post
    There was a statement released at the shot show they will be doing a 5-25 at the end of the year. I will be waiting. Really good glass for the money maybe just behind the hd5 at low light but it beats it everywhere else. They just wanting for the tmoar reticle. I had to buy the impact 29 to get the hash marks I wanted but she's to busy for a dedicated hunting rifle. If I was to do it again it would be the wind plex. Anyone kniw if you can get the tmoar reticle fitted to the vx5?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Not heard anything about the tmoar, but as soon as the states get it we can't be too far away.
    I too have the impact 29 reticle and while its great on targets, was not very good for possum shooting, think the windplex would be a better option.

Absolutely love the scope though, seriously considering putting on on every one of my rifles, the value for money is just too good to be true.

I’ve sighted in a rifle with the vx5hd the elevation turret seemed to shift correctly as you would hope for a dialup scope but the windage turret was like adjusting a vx1 you had to dial 8 clicks forward, 4 clicks back to get it to move an inch.
    The zeiss hd5 T lock turret has far more precise adjustments on the 3 I have sighted for the same $. If you dial any of the turrets 1 click they move 1 click. And are nice non mushy clicks. And very repeatable.
    The vx5 and 6 has nice glass but their turrets are mushy as shit, even their mark 4 and 6. Though I believe the elevation turrets must be accurate or no one would buy them. Once you use European made stuff you would understand the difference. Apart from swaro theirs are just as bad. There are some better us and Japanese made stuff though.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy06 View Post
    I’ve sighted in a rifle with the vx5hd the elevation turret seemed to shift correctly as you would hope for a dialup scope but the windage turret was like adjusting a vx1 you had to dial 8 clicks forward, 4 clicks back to get it to move an inch.
    The zeiss hd5 T lock turret has far more precise adjustments on the 3 I have sighted for the same $. If you dial any of the turrets 1 click they move 1 click. And are nice non mushy clicks. And very repeatable.
    The vx5 and 6 has nice glass but their turrets are mushy as shit, even their mark 4 and 6. Though I believe the elevation turrets must be accurate or no one would buy them. Once you use European made stuff you would understand the difference. Apart from swaro theirs are just as bad. There are some better us and Japanese made stuff though.
    Whilst the clicks aren't as crisp as some scopes they are by no means mushy, the clicks are very audible and they have very little play in them.

Ziess HD5 has shit choice of reticles and you only get 13.5moa of elevation with the zero stop turret.
    veitnamcam likes this.

16.7moa. The swaros are 13moa. It’s a hunting scope you only need a duplex reticle to keep it simple. You can get 20 moa if you use the bottom of the duplex reticle at full power. It is 3moa either side of the center. Very simple at 100yrds you set a 3” high at 100. Gets the .270 to 780m. At that range my velocity and energy have reached the 1600 FPS and 900 Ft lb thresholds for killing animals. Too many variables come into play after that.
    Duplex is still the best reticle on a non illuminated hunting scope for fast and easily seen in low light and dark against Bush etc.
    For comparison a nightforce moar type reticle is very hard to see in Bush condition]Name:  2CA87714-9EC7-4981-AB3B-78B4D78F92CE.jpeg
Views: 359
Size:  1.94 MBName:  2CA87714-9EC7-4981-AB3B-78B4D78F92CE.jpeg
Views: 359
Size:  1.94 MBName:  65B0B1D0-93A4-4F7B-A459-FA7614F06F79.jpeg
Views: 388
Size:  2.13 MBName:  DD34EAAE-8822-4215-BA83-FE191C398E05.jpeg
Views: 314
Size:  1.86 MB