Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Vx6 or March Tactical

What about the March 1-10? They look the deal to me. Especially the Hunter model. What would one cost landed here?
    I would love to put one on my 243.

Vx6 or March Tactical

I went for the FMA-2 on my FFP March.
    Like it A LOT so far.

MARCH scopes cost a shit ton new

Quote Originally Posted by Bill999 View Post
    MARCH scopes cost a shit ton new
    & warrantied for 5 years for the first owner only .........

You could buy 2 new VX6s with Alumina caps for the price of a new March, PS Leupys are warrantied forever.......

I know which one I'd prefer after using 2 VX-6s and that is by far the march

But the march cost me more second hand than my 2-12 cost new by over 600$
    R93 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tahr View Post
    What about the March 1-10? They look the deal to me. Especially the Hunter model. What would one cost landed here?
    I would love to put one on my 243.
    Should be around the $2400 nz mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Greg View Post

You could buy 2 new VX6s with Alumina caps for the price of a new March, PS Leupys are warrantied forever.......
    So you keep saying, and saying, given March have been selling scopes for over 5 years now and plenty have been bought second hand are we hearing a plethora of denied warranty claims?

The vx6 is ok , mechanicly its built to a price and like all leupolds given the price/quality I think you are paying for that warranty upfront.
    So far things I dont like having used the 3-18 for a bit- the clicks are just ok, the reticle doesn't dial in line with the verticle post and the very long taper on the front bell restricts mounting options unless you use a rail. See pic.
    Name:  IMG_0060.jpg
Views: 1542
Size:  433.3 KB
    Last edited by sneeze; 01-12-2013 at 08:02 PM.
    "You'll never find a rainbow if you're looking down" Charlie Chaplin

a friend with the 4-24 vx6 is having issue getting the scope mounted in the right place too, and thats on an ar15.
    hes hoping a canitlever will get it far enough forward

still a great scope, but as a direct comparison the march is far far smaller and shorter, better clicks, a simple to use zero stop, 10x magnification range, and is lighter, I cant pick between the two glass wise but i have a feeling that the march wins out,

both are fantastic scopes, dont get me wrong. But the march IS superior (and it IS more expensive)

Quote Originally Posted by sneeze View Post
    Should be around the $2400 nz mark.

So you keep saying, and saying, given March have been selling scopes for over 5 years now and plenty have been bought second hand are we hearing a plethora of denied warranty claims?

The vx6 is ok , mechanicly its built to a price and like all leupolds given the price/quality I think you are paying for that warranty upfront.
    So far things I dont like having used the 3-18 for a bit- the clicks are just ok, the reticle doesn't dial in line with the verticle post and the very long taper on the front bell restricts mounting options unless you use a rail. See pic.
    Attachment 17038
    Easy fixed Chris, if you aren't happy with it, send it back to where you got it from, get another one & or sell it then put a March on it, sorted

What model and from where? Mates after a vx6 sounds like you know where to get them from at a good price

Quote Originally Posted by camo wsm View Post
    What model and from where? Mates after a vx6 sounds like you know where to get them from at a good price
    H&F for 15-1600 IIRC 3-18 x 44

Easy fixed Chris, if you aren't happy with it, send it back to where you got it from, get another one & or sell it then put a March on it, sorted
    I knew what I was buying (pissed reticle aside) so Ill stick with it for a while, it probably wont be a long happy relationship though.
    Mate sent one back with the same problem and his replacement is bit better but still no better than mine . I was told its only queer guys like us that notice .
    "You'll never find a rainbow if you're looking down" Charlie Chaplin

AB Precision
    I have had 3 go back that only went to the range, the warranty is needed all replaced within a couple of days but still
    Set Up, go site in, test ......she's poked reticle on huge piss
    Set up, go site in, test, yip sweet, rain on evening hunt an fuck this is hard to see though.......yip fogged like a mother F@#KER
    Set up,Test at home, again all on the piss
    Replace again now its getting dust will go on something else over doing it on this gun, Put premier light tac on......Job Done

I have 2 March scopes now that are good, had one with shit eye box at high end so it went but these 2 are good right through. Who cares is there Warranty is 5 years, claim insurance on the bugger........................ Job done

Quote Originally Posted by tui_man2 View Post
    I have had 3 go back that only went to the range, the warranty is needed all replaced within a couple of days but still
    Set Up, go site in, test ......she's poked reticle on huge piss
    Set up, go site in, test, yip sweet, rain on evening hunt an fuck this is hard to see though.......yip fogged like a mother F@#KER
    Set up,Test at home, again all on the piss
    Replace again now its getting dust will go on something else over doing it on this gun, Put premier light tac on......Job Done

I have 2 March scopes now that are good, had one with shit eye box at high end so it went but these 2 are good right through. Who cares is there Warranty is 5 years, claim insurance on the bugger........................ Job done
    Watch the premier tui, saw one of those eat itself a few weeks ago

I cant beleive i wasted my time reading this ! Just seen your asking about a 22" 7mm.
    Get a 2-7 or 3-9 LEOPOLD and be happy.
    If your worried about grams I hope you dont shoot any thing because even an eye fillet is going to be more than the diff between a NIGHTFORCE and a pretender. That being said I have more Leopolds than anything.

AB Precision
    Quote Originally Posted by BRADS View Post
    Watch the premier tui, saw one of those eat itself a few weeks ago
    Warranty or insurance again so im not to fussed it it does, have a heritage an light tac and going to add another in the new year
    Scopes dieing is just one of those things really no matter how strong these things will happen

When Me an Adam went for day hunt other day we got yacking on the big walk back shooting geese : ) another story.........anyway we added up rough costs of what we had on us, hunting clothing, gun, scope, all crap in bags an just for a day hunt it was around the 12k mark each..............what's insurance a year of contents? $400? $100excess? so bugger all for a no stress just thrash it hard attitude