Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Wellington Guy selling scopes

New slogan "Made in China, or not made at all" haha.......
    Steve123 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tentman View Post
    Found it . . . .

https://www.fireandsteel.co.nz/

Cheers all
    I am not sure I would call those "Cheap". I have a japanese made Nikko Stirling Diamond target scope here 10-50x 60mm with the AO saddle with the big wheel to adjust it for the same price as the chinese 10-50. Yes it may be a Nikko but the diamonds (japanese ones) are still dam good scopes.
    northdude likes this.

don't count on getting any just now. I'm hearing a few engineering/safety trade supply shops are running out of stock due to delayed shipments ex China.
    Z
    Steve123 likes this.

northdude
    I think everything is in for a big slow down

Iether that or it comes with a face mask and tissues
    It's all fun and games till Darthvader comes along
    I respect your beliefs but don't impose them on me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonecrusher View Post
    Mate I drive a Chinese ute and have got a clone husqvarna chainsaw chinese made they are experts at copying everything ..... ask yourself they landed a man on the far side of the moon Trump and his cohorts haven't managed that.
    "The chinese built a spaceship, so this cheap scope from china must also be of mission critical quality!" Doesn't work like that..maybe if you had the company that built a spaceship build you a scope it might be superb quality? But then its not going to be cheap.

The Chinese are capable of making high quality items, if they want to; no doubt about that (eg spaceship)
    However a spaceship is a mission critical national security type object, and is not comparable to a consumer item that is made to a price point in order to make a company as much profit as possible.
    They will obviously not put the same effort, resources, QC time etc (quality) into making cheap scopes for overseas buyers as they will sending their astronauts to space on a hundred million dollar space ship while trying to get them home again safely as well.

As with most things - you generally get what you pay for. That said you can certainly get quality from China if you are willing to pay.
    northdude likes this.