Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

What is a 1970 Belgium Browning SA-22 Short w box worth?

With the explosion of rabbits on the farm, I need to buy a CZ 452 with suppressor and rings for my scope, but my gun cabinet is full. Something has to go, and the 1970 Belgium Browning SA-22 Short is a bit of a collectible that gets no use. In the States these bring a premium price because they are no longer made, but I never see them offered in NZ. Anyone have an idea what to ask for it?

Details:

Made in 1970. Purchased by me about 30 years ago in the States and it probably has not had more than one box of cartridges fired since. I bought it from a gun shop, with the original box, and it appears to have had little use from new.

It is drilled out for a scope mount, and the rear sight was removed. I removed the scope to put on my other SA-22 LR. The timber finish has a few marks that can be seen in the photo, and I would consider it to be in very good, but not show condition. With the recent gun legislation, it was modified by an authorised gunsmith to hold 10 cartridges (modification paid direct by the Government).

Name:  12May21-SA22.jpg
Views: 270
Size:  534.7 KB