Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: What next fullas?

Quote Originally Posted by ebf View Post
    What is the big lever in front of the trigger and fire selector ? Curling down into front part of trigger guard ?
    BAD lever. Often causes malfunctions and BHO to not work

ebf
    Tx gimp. I'm not fluent in AR-speak, so what is a BAD lever and what is BHO ?
    Viva la Howa ! R.I.P. Toby | Black rifles matter... | #illegitimate_ute

What is the end game for it? Hunting, 3gun or just looking tacti-cool?

Quote Originally Posted by ebf View Post
    Tx gimp. I'm not fluent in AR-speak, so what is a BAD lever and what is BHO ?
    Magpul Bolt Assist Device. It attached to the bolt release paddle so that you can release the bolt with your trigger finger, BHO = bolt hold open. The extra leverage of it causes random malfunctions with recoil etc or failure of the bolt to lock on an empty mag, in some guns. Better to learn an efficient technique to release the bolt with left hand when changing mags
    ebf and Daggers_187 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Burb122 View Post
    Awww tubes yuck. One way to make it nana.
    Need that space for your PEQ-15 and NVE huh?

add a thumb rest at the front ,,,, ignore the haters ..... I love it !!!!!!!!
    Sasquatch likes this.
    NO MATTER HOW MUCH IT HURTS, HOW DARK IT GETS OR HOW FAR YOU FALL , .....
    YOU ARE NEVER OUT OF THE FIGHT . (Marcus Luttrell)

I would look at the trigger if it's not working for you but other than that it's awesome, that's my idea of a well done AR, not too much and not to nana.
    stumpy and Sasquatch like this.

ALG trigger, BCM charging handle and a whole lot of rounds to see how/if functions with a suppressor on to see if you might need an adjustable gas block. Other than that, anything else you add is just extra weight for bugger all function, unless you have specific requirements. Im assuming that it's designed for competition, rather than any real world application. And BAD levers are good to go, yet to have or see any issues

And don't cheap out on mags. They can be one of your main causes of stoppages. Pmags like you have there are good as are decent quality aluminium ones, provided they are in good nick

Yep I agree with trying with suppressor before fucking around with adjustable gas block. Mine works fine with Waitaki can.
    Can also recommend a Geiselle trigger, mine is the SSA and its perfect for me, nice two stage trigger that lets go nicely on 2nd stage...

There's no point in not using an adjustable gas block if you're running dedicated suppressed.

What the fuck is it?

For those of us who are uninitiated .

I'm surprised there was even flak given about what the rig has on it?? I mean there's not that much on it really and it seems practical enough to me? Practical for comp, hunting or to a soldier? That's a bad-ass MSSA right there.

+1 On learning to operate an AR without the BAD lever but that comes down to personal preference & what you'll be using it for.

I'll throw in a pun and say thumbs up to stumpy on the thumb rest, I run one on my quad with my FAB defence foregrip, handles better then any tube... lol
    stumpy likes this.

The bad lever is great! Two ways to use it and i like the bigger paddle to bump and drop the bolt, it is a competion gun 300 blackout. Put 100 handloads through it in the weekend. No probs. thumb rest aye! Will look into it

Yeah I find it really enhances my grip, once you get placement correct it's right on for ergonomics. Enables me to really pull back in to my shoulder with my support hand. Really rate the FAB defense grip too.

Name:  WP_20150511_002.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  341.8 KBName:  WP_20150511_004.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  307.9 KB
    Last edited by Sasquatch; 11-05-2015 at 10:55 PM.
    stumpy and ubique like this.