Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: What scope are you running on your .22?

Bushnell, Nikko Stirling, and Mueller for field and bench work. All do 22 job very well.

I recently upgraded my $30 huntsman 4x32 to a Nikon Prostaff rimfire ($160) - should have done it sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
    Weaver 4x RF special. Looks like I run shit compared to all the replies so far It's only a farken 22
    Wash your mouth out! You never put "its only" and "[insert anything firearm related here]" in the same sentence!
    If you have kids, same rules apply to them when it comes to the two words "only" and "money"............ never, never, never, ever in the same sentence!
    ZG47, rossi.45, Mathias and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by hotbarrels View Post
    Wash your mouth out! You never put "its only" and "[insert anything firearm related here]" in the same sentence!
    If you have kids, same rules apply to them when it comes to the two words "only" and "money"............ never, never, never, ever in the same sentence!
    Do you mean like "we should stop spending money guns and feed those things.........nah its only the kids"
    Wirehunt and res like this.

Have a range of scopes from a Vortex Diamondback 2-7×35 on a Marlin 795 (brilliant combination) thru to Bushnell Elite 4500 6-24 on a Walther silhouette rifle. Have Bushnell Legend UHD 3-9 on a BSA Supersport - a good hunting combination. Also have another Legend UHD 4.5-14 on another heavy barreled 22. The Bushnell Legend UHD scope series are excellent value for the money with bloody good glass despite being made in China.
    PERRISCICABA likes this.

My 795 normally sports a nikkostirling Mount master 4*40ao, but it now has a plain red dot on board as I really only shoot poosums out of the trees with it at present.
    Ya can't park there mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Pineapple View Post
    Do you mean like "we should stop spending money guns and feed those things.........nah its only the kids"
    No, what I mean is that the kids are not allowed to use the words "only" and "money" in the same sentence eg "hey dad, can I borrow $20 ......... oh come on, its 'only money' ......" or "I need a new pair of soccer boots ..... they are 'only $327.00 [money]' and they are on special ...."
    Pineapple likes this.

Running a Nikko Sterling night eater on my rabbit gun for the longer shots and a Kilwell 4 x 32 huntsman on the possum rifle, think someone in china grabbed the wrong lenses though as it has the best glass Ive ever seen on a 4 x 32. Didnt want pricey on a syn/ blued chopped shorty .22 stumbling around trees etc in the dark.

Bushnell Trophy 3-9x42mm (Mildot reticle) on my Ruger 10/22.
    Burris FF2 3-9x40mm (Ballistic Flex reticle) on my CZ 452 22WMR.
    Old Redfield 1.5-4x25mm (basic duplex reticle) on my Anshultz 520 22LR.
    Hunting is not a hobby.....its an addiction

the Lithgow has the bushy ar 4.5x18 which is good fun plinking way out.
    my cz455 has a sunoptics dialer which also works well.
    the marlin model 60 is going to get a vx1-4x12 when I get it back.
    and my 39 year old Stirling 20p has a 3x9 Tasco world class.
    as I get more loot I don't upgrade my rifles but I am addicted to great glass!

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    My favorite sentences i like to hear are - I suppose so. and Send It!

Dial up scope. Long range shots with a 22 at 200m+ is a cheap way to practice long range without expense of larger cal.
    rossi.45 likes this.

Apparently the 2 biggest cunts on here lol Philipo's Avatar
    Running a Leupy 1.25-2 x 20 VXR Patrol on my Anshultz rx22 running subs, so low power with red dot is great for close up shots & then can dial for plinking & just a fixed 4 power Hakko on my first 22, shot shit loads with that when I was a kid

Use to have a fixed power 2.5 x 20 Weaver on a 10-22 was a farken great scope, really regret selling that
    Shoot it, root it & then BBQ it !!!

I suppose scope choice all depends what you want to do with your 22. My dad is semi retired now but he still does a bit of pest control and does all the work for several big Otago stations, as well as a bit of chopper work now and then, he has spent a lot of his life shooting for a crust and has tried all sorts of setups on all sorts of rifles. I was talking to him not long ago about what hes using and he has been using (much to my disgust, he was using a "nice" trijicon for quite a while beforehand, and a Docter before that) a Hawke scope, one of these Hawke Europe | Endurance 1-4x24 L4A Dot on a magnum research 22magnum 10/22 clone, (main rifle, shotgun and mini 30 also used) he reckons its tough as old boots, has a great reticle that works well in low light or under a spotlight and has taken a real beating without losing its zero ever, he raves about the bloody thing so it must be good as he cant afford to be using gear that's not up to the task.
    Gerbs likes this.

Just a shittty outdoor optics 4x32 and it's enough for me

Sent from my workbench
    If i could have a full time job shooting pests i'm up for over time.

BSA 3.5-10X50 or for night shooting ATN X-sight 2.
    they swap over and keep zero with a quick release picatinny rail