Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Whatever happened to the venerable TC?

I used to own a contender in Europe with a 10 inches 44 mag barrel, a 10 inches 22 bull barrel and a 14 inch 30-30. I also had a 222 long barrel as well as a 45-70 long barrel. It was fun to shoot.. All extremely accurate except for the 22 cal which had a crooked chamber. I had the opportunity to shoot a 45-70 barrel 10*inches long with the factory break. That was very lively despite the brake.
    Ssk industries were doing a 50-70-750 barrel, to shoot 750 gr amax at subsonic velocity.and yes, in a contender barrel!
    Moa Hunter and Jhon like this.

Quote Originally Posted by akaroa1 View Post
    B because there are a few Contender pistols around
    They come up for sale and could be re stocked and re barreled to be A cat legal

But it would mean a B car holder buying it and getting agreement from an arms officer or FSA to change to A cat

Lots of contender barrels that come up for sale in NZ are only 14" long and on a contender rifle stock are below minimum legal length

They can be made legal in various ways but are still short on rifling and therefore velocity

They can be stubbed and made legal length and full rifling and velocity

Worth the effort if you can find a contender pistol frame cheap
    Not sure how the B to A would go

Never wanted to put any of my B Cat friends to the inconvenience and test the system
    Interesting, thks..I'd have thought the cops would be happy to see a firearm become a legal long gun from being a B endorsement Pistol..the other way around would be unlikely of course..
    I know a lot but it seems less every day...

I would have thought a single shot break open gun of any kind would be well down the list of undesirables .... no different to a shotgun with pistol grip at end of day.... its either long enough or its not. if you take a couple of inches too much off a long gun it automatically becomes a handgun..so it weird the reverse doesnt apply. someone mentioned a kea gun the other day..classic piece of history..but most are too short to be legal... somehow permanently adding the extra length to them would fix the issue.
    75/15/10 black powder matters

Slightly off topic but still single shot pistol, where there ever many of the remingtons out here, based on a 600 I think