Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: What's it worth?

Quote Originally Posted by Bavarian_Hunter View Post
    $
    You'd save money keeping this and not buying new
    VIVA LA HOWA

Quote Originally Posted by Ground Control View Post
    Someone made the suggestion in another thread to get a second stock for your Bavarian .
    I think that is a great suggestion . A new lightweight stock , and if necessary a different scope on a quick release mounts and you have a modular setup that allows you to quickly put together a rifle suited to different applications and conditions .
    You could get all of that for quite a lot cheaper than a complete new rifle , and all your components would be of a high quality .

" Sometimes less is more "

Ken
    That's actually not a horrible idea really. Would prefer a stainless barrel on a high country/international rig though. Something to consider

Dude keep it. Not like it's going to wear out. Save a bit longer !!! . Just keep it market nowadays too rough It's worth more than anyone's gonna offer so keep it ..
    "This is my Flag... Ill only have the one ..

Quote Originally Posted by Happy View Post
    Dude keep it. Not like it's going to wear out. Save a bit longer !!! . Just keep it market nowadays too rough It's worth more than anyone's gonna offer so keep it ..
    Well I will always have my dads shotgun he passed down to me as well. See in my family at 12 years old we're given a shotgun. Patrick had his bought for him, my youngest brother dunc is getting his bought for him next year when he turns 12. The story of the .270 was less than sentimental really, it got to the day of my birthday and the old man hadn't bought me anything and since he had bought a new rifle and hand't used the .270 for a while he gave it to me on the spot because he had nothing else to give me haha
    To me the shotgun is far more special and I won't ever sell that or replace it.
    The rifle has done me well, I've taken most of my big deer with it but these days it doesn't get out of the gun cabinet so it's better off someone else using it than wasting away.

Well I will always have my dads shotgun he passed down to me as well. See in my family at 12 years old we're given a shotgun. Patrick had his bought for him, my youngest brother dunc is getting his bought for him next year when he turns 12. The story of the .270 was less than sentimental really, it got to the day of my birthday and the old man hadn't bought me anything and since he had bought a new rifle and hand't used the .270 for a while he gave it to me on the spot because he had nothing else to give me haha
    To me the shotgun is far more special and I won't ever sell that or replace it.
    The rifle has done me well, I've taken most of my big deer with it but these days it doesn't get out of the gun cabinet so it's better off someone else using it than wasting away.
    Hear what you r saying but don't give it away decide your minimum and stick to your guns excuse the pun. Ha ha Cheers Happy
    "This is my Flag... Ill only have the one ..

That's actually not a horrible idea really. Would prefer a stainless barrel on a high country/international rig though. Something to consider
    Ceracote the metal .
    You can get it in a very close match to blueing , so it wouldn't look out of place on the Bavarian , but it is extremely corrosion resistant .

Ken
    veitnamcam likes this.
    FALL IN LOVE WITH THE NUMBERS , NOT THE IDEA

Applies Lead Liberally rogers.270's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bully View Post
    nah, it sounds old, (unsure of rounds fired and it was your dads)
    and im fairly sure you could get a new one for about that, and its a 270, most would want a 7mm08.
    7mm08 because we have a bunch of kids in nz and sissys purchasing guns that are intimidated by the power of the mighty .270 and .3006 =)
    Spook likes this.
    Addicted to gun powder

I reckon you'd get a grand on the NZ market with scope and stock. but yeah that equivalent is about 800-850 Aussie i guess.