Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: When you buy a dud

Quote Originally Posted by Bonecrusher View Post
    Thinking along these lines what if you marry a dud - does the "Consumers Guarantees Act " apply Can we return to place of purchase i.e. the motherinlaw? Sorry it's not performing like it should! high maintenance costs? Needs body work done!
    I would. Just make sure you give the 2 goats and 5 chook dowry back too.

Ejected
    Thinking along these lines what if you marry a dud - does the "Consumers Guarantees Act " apply Can we return to place of purchase i.e. the motherinlaw? Sorry it's not performing like it should! high maintenance costs? Needs body work done!
    Hope not or the wife might get rid of me
    BRADS and Sideshow like this.

Canterbury, home of the big Rakaia Red Stag
    What ammo are you using? IIRC a Ruger runs a 0.308 barrel in their Mini 30 and the Russians run 0.312 in their rattle guns for 7.62x39, are you using military ammo or sporting? If sporting, is it of eastern european origin. I could of course stand to be corrected about this???

I've heard the 580 series have .310. I've been running a mixture all sporting of Hornady, PPU, PMC, Barnual as I'm still trying to find a cartridge it likes. Funnily enough it's been playing up since I ran the American ammo through it.

No unfortunately. 99% of the time these are classed as second hand by the time anyone ever gets near one. And the suppliers definition of "normal use" may differ from yours significantly. Replacement is not usually an option due to the newer models being much the same as the older ones and often causes more issues than it solves, and finally all repairs are mostly at your cost as these will fall outside a very limited warranty. You can try to return them and sometimes they will accept them but that does mean they will accept fault and refunds are then even less likely.

Quote Originally Posted by timattalon View Post
    No unfortunately. 99% of the time these are classed as second hand by the time anyone ever gets near one. And the suppliers definition of "normal use" may differ from yours significantly. Replacement is not usually an option due to the newer models being much the same as the older ones and often causes more issues than it solves, and finally all repairs are mostly at your cost as these will fall outside a very limited warranty. You can try to return them and sometimes they will accept them but that does mean they will accept fault and refunds are then even less likely.
    Oh I really like that top man

Quote Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
    What ammo are you using? IIRC a Ruger runs a 0.308 barrel in their Mini 30 and the Russians run 0.312 in their rattle guns for 7.62x39, are you using military ammo or sporting? If sporting, is it of eastern european origin. I could of course stand to be corrected about this???
    I have heard similar but my understanding is with the .308 barrel, ruger allowed a longer throat to allow the Milsurp ammo to function in them even though the Milsurp is normally 311. This could be worth investigating further as I am not sure of the accuracy when applied to all mini 30s.

northdude
    have you tried cleaning the barrel

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    The quick answer is NO it doesn't work like that but there is a little known rule that once every leap year you can trade in on two newer models half the age. That my be worth noting in your diary.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Quote Originally Posted by northdude View Post
    have you tried cleaning the barrel
    !! DUDE!! That's like asking me to check the air in the tyres when my headlights blown.
    Robojaz and Mathias like this.

northdude
    OK have you checked the air in your tyres as well

Quote Originally Posted by northdude View Post
    OK have you checked the air in your tyres as well
    No need, once I cleaned my rifle barrel the headlight came on.

northdude
    Steve123 likes this.

SiB
    Then replace those wiper blades, top up the oil and your mini-30 will be just like new!!!!?
    Steve123 likes this.

I wish, I get better groups out of my 98 year old barrelled M1917