Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Winchester factory ammo, serious issue

Quote Originally Posted by stug View Post
    It is not just replacing them, it is the damage to the rifle as well.
    Sorry I was refering to the primer issues not the more serious split cases.

In the case of the primers I delt with Steves Wholesale who was the wholesaler who supplied the store where i purchased them from.

I could be wrong but I think Kilwell could be the importer for Winchester Ammo in the North Island.

Quote Originally Posted by gundoc View Post
    Return the faulty ammo (well photographed and written up) to the retailer in the first instance. Winchester NZ are required to replace the faulty ammo and also make good any loss incurred through its use, provided the ammo is proven to be faulty. Is it possible that there is a burr on the edge of the chamber of the rifle that could have caused the gouge when cycling the rounds through the action? Such ammo faults are not common, and the factories conduct QC checks during production to avoid such things. If a batch has come from US production with those faults then Winchester could be in deep crap, given the sort of damage claims given by US courts.
    @gundoc It was the guy at the next bench, I didn't think to get his number or anything, just a couple of relevant pics. The rounds were in that
    condition in the packet, the one with bright gouge came out straight out the packet (I picked that one out of the packaging myself), hadn't touched the rifle in any way. I think he was a new shooter as he didn't seem very confident about what was going on. Because he didn't seem very confident, I told him repeatedly to get the rifle checked by a gunsmith as he wasn't sure what to do next. Hopefully the smith he goes to will point him at the supplier and give him some decent advice. There were two deep pin prick-type holes in the bolt face, but couldn't see into the chamber obviously. It was a Mauser 98, so at least it went bang in something nice and strong.

On another note, that work you did on my marlin trigger was excellent, just the job! I'm a very happy chappie.
    BRADS likes this.