Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree14Likes
  • 9 Post By Kelton
  • 2 Post By Kelton
  • 1 Post By Rated M for Magnum
  • 1 Post By Kelton
  • 1 Post By Kelton

Thread: Windplex vx5

Windplex vx5

I went in today to buy a firedot duplex for my saum and picked up the windplex first by mistake and thought shit have they changed their windplex reticle this is far finer than I remember I cant find any supporting evidence online but I'm sure its finer than it use to be this scope had only just arrived to I picked up a z5 4w as well for comparison if not it's better than I remember but my memory of it was not good . Anyhow I ended up leaving with the windplex looking forward to zeroing once I shake this flu, my hearts always being with leupold since my first vx2 13 years ago and I'm bloody wrapped with this configuration
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    199p, Dreamer, Bill999 and 6 others like this.

Gkp
    Great combo there mate. Will be interested to see how far it dials you out. Remember one on my old kimber needed a 20 moa rail to get the best out of it.

Il let you no once zeroed mate the rings are Hawkins Hybrid 20 Moa I had the same scope and rings on my 6 5 Saum and 750 wasn't an issue on that
    Gkp and 25/08 IMP like this.

I'm interested in your feedback too @Kelton

Also, can anyone shed some light on why so many of these come up for sale second hand? They look fantastic on paper and on rifles.

Genuinely curious.

Windplex is great and many people who need to get some cash will sell scopes before rifles. easy sell and less attachment.
    Great scopes i have several
    Konus binoculars " The power to imagine"

Quote Originally Posted by 199p View Post
    Windplex is great and many people who need to get some cash will sell scopes before rifles. easy sell and less attachment.
    Great scopes i have several
    That is something I hadn't thought of, easy enough to get another scope but hard to find THAT rifle again.
    199p likes this.

Iv got my 2 full revs of up still just zeroed today turns out the rings are 25moa my zero must be just below center
    Rated M for Magnum likes this.

DBD
    Another great reticle in the vx5hd range is the HTMR. Very similar to the fine duplex of the vx6hd but in mils. Regret selling mine and would buy it back any day.
    It takes 20 barrels of water to make 1 barrel of beer...

Quote Originally Posted by DBD View Post
    Another great reticle in the vx5hd range is the HTMR. Very similar to the fine duplex of the vx6hd but in mils. Regret selling mine and would buy it back any day.
    Is that on the mils version or availibke on both @DBD

DBD
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelton View Post
    Is that on the mils version or availibke on both @DBD
    It's mils only so took a bit to get use to but worked a charm. Has a fine crisp reticle.
    It takes 20 barrels of water to make 1 barrel of beer...

The VX5 i have with windplex seemed very thick, ill have to get it out and compare it with the Z5 version.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelton View Post
    I went in today to buy a firedot duplex for my saum and picked up the windplex first by mistake and thought shit have they changed their windplex reticle this is far finer than I remember I cant find any supporting evidence online but I'm sure its finer than it use to be this scope had only just arrived to I picked up a z5 4w as well for comparison if not it's better than I remember but my memory of it was not good . Anyhow I ended up leaving with the windplex looking forward to zeroing once I shake this flu, my hearts always being with leupold since my first vx2 13 years ago and I'm bloody wrapped with this configuration
    Man I love those Manners UC stocks. I was really taken with it when I had a look at yours that time @Kelton The best shaped stock I’ve ever seen!

Ultra classic or ultra classy eh I love it will be over your way in the next month or so keep promising dad il head over for a visit so il be in touch mate
    Hunter_Nick likes this.