Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree208Likes

Thread: The WORST Firearm You Ever Owned

Armalite AR10 sudanese pattern. was a mint gun too!
    failure to eject, failure to load were all to common. if i good fire 10 rounds without a malfunction it was a miracle. bloody accurate though but thats no compensation when the follow up shot doesnt go bang

Quote Originally Posted by Dougie View Post
    Ahhhhahaha this is a crack up thread!

I've not owned many but have a single shot 12g with a super long barrel at the back of the safe... Unknown make and I'm too scared to shoot it.

I haven't even been able to give it away!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awwwwwwwwwwwwww scaredy cat go on, shoot it but make sure you video it and put the footage on here...............go on. The rule is you must shoot it if you own it (at least once)
    gadgetman, Scouser and Carpe Diem like this.
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

Quote Originally Posted by Freezer View Post
    I'm sure there are a few stories on here of people with high $$$ customs that would be their worst gun ever. I certainly got a dud from a 'gun smith' that cost way more than a brilliant off the shelf factory rifle.
    Well if I was paying High dollars and the gunsmith / supplier was any kind of reasonable guy it should have been sorted in your favour. That's exactly what I would expect full stop
    Dougie likes this.
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

Canterbury, home of the big Rakaia Red Stag
    Midland 243, what a heap of shit. It was actually my first centre fire and I bought it off a supposed "mate". Boy he seen me coming. Bloody thing had such a loose floppy old bolt, when cranking into action it was so noisy it scared all the deer out of the valley
    Pointer, mudgripz and buell984 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
    ... Bloody thing had such a loose floppy old bolt, ...
    Identical to a Brno Fox I once made the mistake of buying. They are a classic example of trading on a name- total POS compared to the early 465s

I had a Sako 270 way back in 1988. It was a total POS, inaccurate and booted like hell............... but then it was a Sako.

Now I have a M597 .22LR, great gun but heavy trigger and totally shit mags make it a jam o mattic. I do not see why I should spend more $$ on it so it has sat unused in the safe for 10 years now

Ruger 10/22 - my worst gun, was also one of my best until I got a replacement barrel.
    20 years of great service, and average but not bad accuracy. For a gun that just got shot a lot, and never cleaned, it did really well.
    Like all rifles that are easily modified, this one did too. The claims of a carbon tension barrel shooting as well as a heavy target barrel appear to be a load of poop, at least on my rifle anyway. The barrel had to go back to the shop as they had not cut the ejector slot correctly, and when it came back it would only eject a couple of brands of ammo. The 20yr old factory sporter barrel shot 4" 100M groups. The new barrel 8" 100M groups.
    I spent time and money trying to get it to shoot, and threw my hands in the air and sold it for parts, and got a CZ instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Dougie View Post
    Ahhhhahaha this is a crack up thread!

I've not owned many but have a single shot 12g with a super long barrel at the back of the safe... Unknown make and I'm too scared to shoot it.

I haven't even been able to give it away!

Tie it to a tree or strainer post (pointing in a safe direction) and use a piece of string to pull the trigger. If it goes bang carefully check it for cracks/damage before firing it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve123 View Post
    Tie it to a tree or strainer post (pointing in a safe direction) and use a piece of string to pull the trigger. If it goes bang carefully check it for cracks/damage before firing it again.
    I tried that once ...shotgun single barrel ...it didn't go off weak hammer spring.

My worst firearm is also one of my best. I bought my Zastava 223 as a dud as it didn't group well at all, typically 3-4" at 100m. But it was small and cheep, so ideal as a second rifle slung over my other shoulder as I went popping bunnies with the 22lr. Got it suppressed so it didn't scare off all the rabbits and the groups went down to 1/2" at 100m. Has the odd feeding issue if I don't load the mag right but I'll never sell it.
    Carpe Diem likes this.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Some of my sons mates turned up with IIRC a CBC12g single shot recently-seeking my opinion.
    More rust on it than currently on titanic,
    Action was that loose it resembled a certain rugby stripper when it moved,and the crowning glory was a broken pistolgrip repaired with insulation tape ,which also did service in holding the fore end on.

my advice -give it a one way trip to the bottom of the kaikoura trench pronto!.
    Owner (Bit of a lad according to the boys) was of opinion i was pulling his tit and apparently was goin home give her a clean up cut barrel down and take her out the river to have a blast.he already has a face like a slapped spaniels arse,but thats a bastard of a way to try and make yourself uglier!!!!!!
    young bloke who told me this says he told john wayne to do his renovations ,then bring it back to me so i could slot it neatly up his arse.
    didnt hear any more thank christ as there was some sort of fallout between them.
    if it happened again-angle grinders... ready.... cut and fuck what idiots think.
    Last edited by kotuku; 12-08-2016 at 11:07 AM.
    gadgetman likes this.

My worst would have to be the 10/22, accuracy acceptable for plinking cans but not for small game ethically but the main gripe is the jamming and magazines, one is fine the other is a piece of shit. I've been lucky so far with everything else.
    Nesika and rockland like this.

Baikal single shot 308. Heap of shit. Followed by a Rem 7400 308 that supposedly had a easy life as a safe queen.

It jammed constantly and couldn't hit the side of barn at 100m, after spending a lot of money at gunsmith trying to sort it, I sold it for less than half I paid for it as a parts gun.
    I'm drawn to the mountains and the bush, it's where life is clear, where the world makes the most sense.

Canterbury, home of the big Rakaia Red Stag
    Quote Originally Posted by mikee View Post
    I had a Sako 270 way back in 1988. It was a total POS, inaccurate and booted like hell.....
    Surprised no one else has mentioned it yet mikee, but I think the issue there lay with the choice of calibre
    veitnamcam, Dougie and Shanes215 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
    Surprised no one else has mentioned it yet mikee, but I think the issue there lay with the choice of calibre
    That and the brand of rifle. I am truly sure each time I fired that thing my eyes were shut there was a massive flinch when the trigger was yanked .................