Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: Your Last Chance to Save Our Pistol Grips

NSA

Save our pistol grips

Hey Digit

I notice that there's a number of club newsletters coming through that ask recipients to participate in your 'email referendum.' How may email have gone away now ? Will be really interesting to see what, if anything, happens.

Had a copy of the latest police 'decree' sent to me yesterday. Now they conjured up a new thing called a "request to add a firearm to an endorsement".

Apparently you make a request for something called a "restricted firearm" to be added to an endorsement. No idea what a restricted firearm is - but they probably refer to a firearm that attracts an an endorsement. There is no mention in the Arms Act of a thing called a restricted firearm.

You can then add up to 12 firearms in a list to an endorsement. Looks like the brains trust at PNHQ still don't understand the (two) decision(s) of the High Court. One endorsement equals one firearm. I suppose the focus on culture change has detracted from a basic understanding of common English language. Or maybe that's just plod-speak confusion. Similar to when you die... which we refer to as "dead" but in plod-speak is "presently deceased."

Then things get interesting because there's a sub-heading which says "applies to take possession of the restricted firearms." So its not clear whether in fact this is a "request to add a firearm to an endorsement".. or an application to take possession of a restricted firearm (whatever the heck a restricted firearm is?) Don't even look at the small title which says "NZ Police Specified Endorsement"... it just gets even more confusing.

They have even included the fantastically stupid question that they seem to want to inject into the fit and proper test: "Firearms are required for (purpose)" ... duh ummm ... shooting perhaps? .. oh hang on, that's right... I want an AR15 to make my morning latte with. I use blanks and fire into a jug to froth the milk.

Worst of all.. apparently this application (what-ever it is for) is subject to police "approval." The discretion to approve (or grant) such an approval is conferred by Parliament under the "Fictitious and Imaginary Wet Dream Anti-gun Police Wish List Act 2013." The new act was passed in secret a few days ago by our new prime-minister, Peter Marshall (taking over from John Key who was last seen being squeezed into a surveillance camera housing at GSCB Headquarters, before being deployed to the Chrisco Mansion.) Unfortunately John was sold off as a state owned asset and is now reconfigured as a full-time spy camera.

There's even a nice little box at the bottom which you can tick, called "QID" This means "Quite intellectually deficient" This box generally ought to be ticked unless there is clear evidence to the contrary.

Here we go again
    Last edited by NSA; 03-09-2013 at 09:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NSA View Post
    Hey Digit

I notice that there's a number of club newsletters coming through that ask recipients to participate in your 'email referendum.' How may email have gone away now ? Will be really interesting to see what, if anything, happens.

Had a copy of the latest police 'decree' sent to me yesterday. Now they conjured up a new thing called a "request to add a firearm to an endorsement".

Apparently you make a request for something called a "restricted firearm" to be added to an endorsement. No idea what a restricted firearm is - but they probably refer to a firearm that attracts an an endorsement. There is no mention in the Arms Act of a thing called a restricted firearm.

You can then add up to 12 firearms in a list to an endorsement. Looks like the brains trust at PNHQ still don't understand the (two) decision(s) of the High Court. One endorsement equals one firearm. I suppose the focus on culture change has detracted from a basic understanding of common English language. Or maybe that's just plod-speak confusion. Similar to when you die... which we refer to as "dead" but in plod-speak is "presently deceased."

Then things get interesting because there's a sub-heading which says "applies to take possession of the restricted firearms." So its not clear whether in fact this is a "request to add a firearm to an endorsement".. or an application to take possession of a restricted firearm (whatever the heck a restricted firearm is?) Don't even look at the small title which says "NZ Police Specified Endorsement"... it just gets even more confusing.

They have even included the fantastically stupid question that they seem to want to inject into the fit and proper test: "Firearms are required for (purpose)" ... duh ummm ... shooting perhaps? .. oh hang on, that's right... I want an AR15 to make my morning latte with. I use blanks and fire into a jug to froth the milk.

Worst of all.. apparently this application (what-ever it is for) is subject to police "approval." The discretion to approve (or grant) such an approval is conferred by Parliament under the "Fictitious and Imaginary Wet Dream Anti-gun Police Wish List Act 2013." The new act was passed in secret a few days ago by our new prime-minister, Peter Marshall (taking over from John Key who was last seen being squeezed into a surveillance camera housing at GSCB Headquarters, before being deployed to the Chrisco Mansion.) Unfortunately John was sold off as a state owned asset and is now reconfigured as a full-time spy camera.

There's even a nice little box at the bottom which you can tick, called "QID" This means "Quite intellectually deficient" This box generally ought to be ticked unless there is clear evidence to the contrary.

Here we go again
    Can you scan it and post it up here??
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

Hey Digit

Here we go again
    We emailed pretty much every individual Pistol, NZDA and Service Rifle club we could find online, also every retailer. Pistol NZ has gone on to email all club secretaries about the submission website. I have to say Pistol shooters as a group have been very supportive.

We added statistics to the website last night so that you can see the number of submissions.

I was wondering how long it would take until new forms were implemented. The Fit and Proper test - firearms required for is the part that will interest most licence owners.

So the whole "E cat" set up has changed? If I go and apply for an "E endorsement" tomorrow, I'm going to get a different form to (POL 76? can't remember the number for E cat application)

NSA
    Name:  Duh.jpg
Views: 722
Size:  57.3 KB

Can I whack my A cat Saiga onto that form?

NSA
    Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    Can I whack my A cat Saiga onto that form?
    No. Just apply for an endorsement for it

I am off to my Pistol Club tonight, will pass the word around. We have a good number of AR shooters in the club who will make submissions im sure. I don't own a AR anymore or a pistol gripped semi rifle, but fully support those who do to continue there sport as they do now.

Cheers.
    Lead delivery technician, Bulk orders welcome!!

Is this for good to go now? the police are now accepting A's to E's?

Someone should fill it out an chuck an A cat gun on to see what happens.

NSA
    Quote Originally Posted by FletchNZ View Post
    Is this for good to go now? the police are now accepting A's to E's?
    Not sure about "A's" and "E's" but you are entitled by law to apply for an endorsement in respect of a military style semi-automatic firearm that is in sporting configuration, and once granted (on the fit & proper test) you are then entitled to cross-grade that semi-automatic firearm into MSSA configuration.

Not sure about "A's" and "E's" but you are entitled by law to apply for an endorsement in respect of a military style semi-automatic firearm that is in sporting configuration, and once granted (on the fit & proper test) you are then entitled to cross-grade that semi-automatic firearm into MSSA configuration.
    Have you ever thought of a career change as the Police firearms top dog, it would certainly make life easier for us.

NSA
    Quote Originally Posted by 300winmag View Post
    Have you ever thought of a career change as the Police firearms top dog, it would certainly make life easier for us.
    Thats a very good idea.. unfortunately my modus operandi is not compatible with the job. My m/o is a democratic, rights sensitive, logical and pragmatic approach. The job specification requires an anti-gun extremist.
    Scouser likes this.

ebf
    My m/o is a democratic, rights sensitive, logical and pragmatic approach.
    Can I please have some of what you're smokin !!!
    Savage1 and Spooners like this.
    Viva la Howa ! R.I.P. Toby | Black rifles matter... | #illegitimate_ute

NSA
    Quote Originally Posted by ebf View Post
    Can I please have some of what you're smokin !!!
    I don't smoke.