Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Z5/VX5 etc

Sonicjoe likes this.
    Experience. What you get just after you needed it.

Hi guys
    I am also in the market for scope,at ghe moment use Leupold VX3 LRP and quite happy how would you compare the LRP to Swarovski and V5 inregards to glasses and tarrets, I look at Swarovski and glasses is clear ass.
    Thanks
    Charles

Quote Originally Posted by Charles.308 View Post
    Hi guys
    I am also in the market for scope,at ghe moment use Leupold VX3 LRP and quite happy how would you compare the LRP to Swarovski and V5 inregards to glasses and tarrets, I look at Swarovski and glasses is clear ass.
    Thanks
    Charles
    Next step above man, noticeably clearer and brighter.

Nothing wrong the the vx3 glass though

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Thanks for all the replies, much appreciated and definitely food for thought.

Hen
    I own a vx6hd 3-18x44 TMOA Illum, it’s on my sako 85 708 (only because it’s sitting around untill I build or buy a 7mm Blaser), which has got me thinking what will I replace it with. The swaro z5 2.4-12x42 seems to tick all the boxes due to compactness, good glass and weight, my main gripe is the ejecting cases slightly graze the windage turret (due to diameter of the windage turret, same as vx5) on its way out. Think this is why I will replace it with the z5, if this wasn’t the case I would no doubt have a vx5 on it for zl2 turret.
    The new model z5 hasn’t seemed to get much traction from what I have seen on this forum, good to hear from others who have this model?

I have a VX6HD on my 7mmmag and a z5 on my 243.

VX6HD - robust, solid, tough quality turret system, amazing warranty, great clarity

Z5 - very light, excellent clarity, OK turrets, less 'tough'

Cant go wrong with either. I love both of them
    Danny, Sonicjoe and stagstalker like this.