Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Micky Duck
  • 3 Post By Bol Tackshin
  • 1 Post By Jhon
  • 1 Post By Bol Tackshin

Thread: Zastava but unbranded

Zastava but unbranded

Perhaps someone can help me out here. I have what is clearly a walnut/blue Zastava M70 bolt action in .308 Win, but when I visited the register, I noticed for the first time that it doesn't actually have Zastava or their CZ (Crvena Zastava) logo anywhere on it. I duly removed the stock and found a date code for 1991, but not a trace of the Zastava brand anywhere. I know they made rifles that were rebranded as Remington 798 and Charles Daly rifles, but haven't come across a 'cleanskin' one before. The only thing that makes any sense is the UN sanctions on Yugoslavia from 1991 to 1995 that prohibited the export of rifles made by Zastava, and this one somehow made it out.
    Name:  20240501_141729.jpg
Views: 298
Size:  2.35 MB
    ^serial no. obliterated in pic.

interarms is another posibility lol...good rifles,is there any bedding in yours??? mine was bare arsed in the wood and could slide back n forward a couple of mm.
    Bol Tackshin likes this.
    75/15/10 black powder matters

True - forgot about Interarms. The stock isn't bedded but is rather tight. Not a match rifle, but a very pleasant shooter. The fore-end did tend to pull to the right a bit, so a bit of free-floating was called for. Still, I'd take this stock over the crappy plastic one any day.

I have something similar in 270Win. Clearly a Zastava M98 Action almost identical to a couple of Interarm Mk X I have. But unbranded anywhere. It has a Ramline stock. I bought it at Ted's last auction listed as a Ramline 270 lol. And guess what, that's what it is registered as too. Go figure! Total tack driver as well...
    Micky Duck likes this.
    I know a lot but it seems less every day...

Hmmmmm. What do you register that as then? Mauser .308w and claim the extra value haha

Damn. Didnt think of that! Just registered mine as a Zastava bolt action 308 Win 4 shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Bol Tackshin View Post
    Damn. Didnt think of that! Just registered mine as a Zastava bolt action 308 Win 4 shot.
    Interesting! And very cool to have a 'Ramline' .270!
    Jhon likes this.

I remember seeing an advert for factory second/bomb damaged Zastavas in a Rod and Rifle magazine from the mid 90s when that part of the world was at war. Could it be one of those? I'll never sell my two.

Hmmm... sounds plausible @Waitati Hunter. They are awesome rifles, and based on what you posted, literally bombproof!