Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Zen Ray warranty

Quote Originally Posted by puku View Post
    Hmm interesting. At least you got a response I suppose.
    I sure as hell won't be buying a zen ray product again. And won't be suggesting to anyone to buy it either.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    I wouldn't go that far, one bad experience with warranties should not put you off. I would still recommend them to anyone. I brought my ED2's before my first Tahr trip which was in Oct 2010. Since then they have had one hell of a hard life, dropped down bluffs, run over and generally treated pretty rough over the last year or two and they are still some of the best binoculars I have used and still going strong with no sign of giving up yet. You can still buy 3 or 4 pairs of these to one set of Swarovskis so even if you broke one set and brought another you would still be better off.

Ejected
    The key question here being is the glass on the Prime HD's noticeable better than the ED3s?

[QUOTE=Hayden C;373167]Well this has taken an unexpected twist when a new set of Prime HD’s showed up to replace the ED3’s this morning.

So despite the time and frustration involved it is a positive outcome in the end.

Thats what I got I rate the glass from comparrisons ive done. You notice the step up?

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MassiveAttack View Post
    The key question here being is the glass on the Prime HD's noticeable better than the ED3s?
    Initial thoughts are yes. HD glass certainly seems to be an improvement over ED glass. It would be interesting to compare the two side by side in similar conditions.

The build quality seems better but time will tell.
    deepsouthaussie likes this.

Ejected
    If your tale is anything like mine then the good customer service happened only after you sent threatening e-mails saying you were about to post bad reviews on internet forums. If that's the case I don't think they deserve much praise even though they did come through in the end. I am sure if I had done nothing I would have no binos right now. Good to hear the glass is nice.

Im still without the last set returned for a customer. Repeated threats of exposing their service didn't help - and we were the NZ agent for them. Avoid Zen Ray unless you want to take a gamble with them.

Massive, that sums up my experience with them as well.

It’s pretty poor that an ex agent can’t even get adequate after sales service!

Quote Originally Posted by Digit View Post
    Im still without the last set returned for a customer. Repeated threats of exposing their service didn't help - and we were the NZ agent for them. Avoid Zen Ray unless you want to take a gamble with them.
    I’ve been impressed by Zen Ray products. Bang for buck I can’t really fault them however they must improve their warranty support!

Climbed several hours today to glass a new area, made myself comfortable, extracted the Zen Ray Prime HD from the day pack, attempt to focus on a nice looking gut and the focus wheel comes off......Yip same issue as the ED3!

Given the drama involved I don't know if I can be bothered even trying to get a replacement pair.

I've finally come to the conclusion that Zen Ray is shit!
    K95 likes this.

I got Zen Rays from Digit back in the day when he was an agent. 10x42 ED. They have been everywhere, lens's are scratched, paint rubbed off and lens caps long gone. But they are still going strong. Focus wheel has a little play in it but its ok. Luck of the draw I suppose.

I 'spose now I've said this they will pack up. Hope not.

Fark that's a bastard @Hayden C
    I obviously have been lucky with the ones I have. But certainly won't be buying another pair with your experience and @Digit recommendation

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone

Quote Originally Posted by Hayden C View Post
    Disappointing. I wouldn’t have purchased Zen Ray if I had known this nor should I have to sign up and complain about them on overseas forums to get a response.
    I think I would stull buy them. Ive had mine for years and years now and they are still going strong. I think I would take the gamble again.

I bought vortex and kept my ED2's for visitors.

I have the ED3's and touch wood they have been great also have a set of Yukon Point Roof prism's which are damn good as well ( at Brian's @Tahr if you need some spares.)

Ejected
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayden C View Post
    Climbed several hours today to glass a new area, made myself comfortable, extracted the Zen Ray Prime HD from the day pack, attempt to focus on a nice looking gut and the focus wheel comes off......Yip same issue as the ED3!

Given the drama involved I don't know if I can be bothered even trying to get a replacement pair.

I've finally come to the conclusion that Zen Ray is shit!
    If thats just the outer cover on the focus wheel then you just need to glue it back on. Mine did the same...

K95
    Just buy some swaro's and live happy ever after.... no super glue required.