Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By ishoot10s

Thread: Claim to fame...? Yeah, right!

Tread carefully in the suck... ishoot10s's Avatar

Claim to fame...? Yeah, right!

Havin' a clean out of some drawers under a spare bed and found these pix of me at the Oceanias in '99, held at Horsely Park shooting centre, which was nearing completion for the 2000 Olympics. The NZ Shooting Team stayed at the Penrith Panthers League club. The team was quite big, and I was rubbing shoulders with Stephen Peterson , Jason Wakeling, Jocelyn Lees, Greg Yellavich and the like. My first time on the team and I was more than a little awe-struck.

This is me shooting some 10s on the RT range. The Sius-Ascor electronic RT machine cost AU$12,000 and they had three of them. Us kiwis had never shot on electronic ranges before. The cack-handed guy on my left is doing his warm up, tracking my targets but only dry firing.
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 314
Size:  432.8 KB

Me and my support crew, my parents couldn't resist flying over to see me in action, and dragged my uncle and aunt along too. It was nice of them all to come but I could have done without that....
Views: 302
Size:  517.1 KB

We got some nice gongs.
Views: 321
Size:  643.6 KB

I shot at Horsely Park again in the ISSF World Cup 2000, just before the Olympics.

Some of you other guys must have some competition memories?
    jakewire, veitnamcam and ebf like this.
    10MRT shooters do it 60 times, in two directions and at two speeds.

done quite a bit of shooting at horsely myself, always interesting (for about 5mins) going and looking at what the pistol/rifle guys are up to.

Tread carefully in the suck... ishoot10s's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PerazziSC3 View Post
    done quite a bit of shooting at horsely myself, always interesting (for about 5mins) going and looking at what the pistol/rifle guys are up to.
    Haha I have to admit to enjoying watching the mud pies and the skeet for kicks. At least those targets are moving, as is ours . The static stuff is a bit mind-numbing...
    10MRT shooters do it 60 times, in two directions and at two speeds.

Yeah that static stuff must be painfull... 10m air rifle... couldnt think of anything more boring????

I was bloody impressed with the electronic scoring systems and screens they have setup for shooters and spectators. The real time scoring makes watching a final quite interesting