Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree8Likes
  • 3 Post By 199p
  • 3 Post By Ryan_Songhurst
  • 1 Post By thatguy
  • 1 Post By stagstalker

Thread: Deer wars PodCast

Deer wars PodCast

Dunno if there is already a link but the deer wars is now on podcast

https://www.rnz.co.nz/programmes/deer-wars

Nice change from a bit of joe even those his last few guests have been great especially adam greentree
    7mmwsm, nickbop and 40mm like this.
    Konus binoculars " The power to imagine"

kw
    Great listening.

Saw a comment on FB or Instagram of dude running a 300 out of Te Anau in 73. 600 hours and no prangs. Mencouri is his name.

Quote Originally Posted by 199p View Post
    Dunno if there is already a link but the deer wars is now on podcast

https://www.rnz.co.nz/programmes/deer-wars

Nice change from a bit of joe even those his last few guests have been great especially adam greentree
    I can't stand Greentree. He just comes across as a complete plonker puffing his chest out and dramatising everything he does. He got hauled out of the hills by rescue chopper in NZ twice and made a big song and dance about how "extreme" he is. He also put an instagram story up a couple years ago about this "massive hike" they had done into a hut out the back of tekapo, I happened to know someone working in the area at the time (my Dad..) who told me they flew in there, I made mention of this on his Instagram and then his Mrs got stuck into me hahaha. Really rubs me up the wrong way. Reminds me of Bunji, good storyteller but makes me cringe watching everyone lap it up.
    Trout, 199p and yeah_na_missed like this.
    270 is a harmonic divisor number[1]
    270 is the fourth number that is divisible by its average integer divisor[2]
    270 is a practical number, by the second definition
    The sum of the coprime counts for the first 29 integers is 270
    270 is a sparsely totient number, the largest integer with 72 as its totient
    Given 6 elements, there are 270 square permutations[3]
    10! has 270 divisors
    270 is the smallest positive integer that has divisors ending by digits 1, 2, …, 9.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_Songhurst View Post
    I can't stand Greentree. He just comes across as a complete plonker puffing his chest out and dramatising everything he does. He got hauled out of the hills by rescue chopper in NZ twice and made a big song and dance about how "extreme" he is. He also put an instagram story up a couple years ago about this "massive hike" they had done into a hut out the back of tekapo, I happened to know someone working in the area at the time (my Dad..) who told me they flew in there, I made mention of this on his Instagram and then his Mrs got stuck into me hahaha. Really rubs me up the wrong way. Reminds me of Bunji, good storyteller but makes me cringe watching everyone lap it up.
    Fair enough bro 1st time I've heard him was nice and easy listening, croc stories etc , were entertaining even if its all bs

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
    Konus binoculars " The power to imagine"

This is a bloody awesome listen, thanks for sharing. Makes me feel a little ashamed to have such good kit and technology available, and not have to deal with any great degree of hardship.

Also makes me want to go to places like where burtonator went recently and knock over as many of those hinds as I can. Totally get leaving them for a well earned (and bloody awesome) trophy, but I'm not super into trophies and reckon it would be a great trip to go places like that with a pack of ammo and go on a bit of a brown-down mission, you know, do our bit - pay homage to the cullers, and all the bloody hard work they did.
    bunji likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by yeah_na_missed View Post
    This is a bloody awesome listen, thanks for sharing. Makes me feel a little ashamed to have such good kit and technology available, and not have to deal with any great degree of hardship.

Also makes me want to go to places like where burtonator went recently and knock over as many of those hinds as I can. Totally get leaving them for a well earned (and bloody awesome) trophy, but I'm not super into trophies and reckon it would be a great trip to go places like that with a pack of ammo and go on a bit of a brown-down mission, you know, do our bit - pay homage to the cullers, and all the bloody hard work they did.
    The old cullers recognised the futility of their efforts when the kerosine cowboys could mop up valley after valley of deer in one day which would take them weeks to walk around. Ruahines in september 76 the machines [when first introduced] got 3616 deer for the month. Colin Tuck in a 500 got a swag of those deer.

Don't forget Greentree is a convicted poacher. You've got to be pretty bad in Aus for police to commit the effort into a sting for one bloke.

When I was buff hunting couple years back the guide was saying all the local guides despised him because they knew he was poaching their concessions up there. He wouldn't want to get caught red handed by those folks.

madmaori likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_Songhurst View Post
    I didn’t mind listening to his first couple of chats with JR. He does fall into the category of people / online characters that I don’t have a lot of effort for these days though. To much dramatisation and fluffy shit put around everything. Flash words and enspiring quotes and feelings etc etc. I unfollow a lot of big characters on instagram with their constant bombardment of crap. Especially the ones who try make a hunting video out of their instagram stories, jeez just make a youtube video if you want to film the whole thing.

Anyways.. back to the title topic lol. Mate just sent me the link to this today, will be listening to it next! Should be good
    199p likes this.