Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree14Likes
  • 8 Post By HNTMAD
  • 1 Post By Rushy
  • 2 Post By veitnamcam
  • 3 Post By Pengy

Thread: Father Son Time

Father Son Time

Ok so a family outing had been booked in the Wairarapa, Alex and i decided to chuck the dog and rifle in "Just In Case". We headed over on Friday night to stay with friends in the northern Wairarapa. Sure enough there was time for a wander on there farm on Saturday morn before heading back Welly side.

I wrangled Alex out of bed at 4.30, We saw a wonderful sun rise on out way to the first look out. The wind was going to be a factor for today but we carried on regardless. Anyway long story short we spotted a few and 2 came home. After the first shot the white one and now a new brown one popped out the side, Having not seen the first one go down under recall I decided I should take this in case I had winged the first one. Turned out I had got them both. Alex took both sets of back steaks and I took 4 back legs. Not one grumble from the boy, I was stoked with that. Took 1 3/4 hours to get back. The meat was greatfully accepted by a mate who's freezer broke down with a truck load of meat in it

Now before anyone gets tangled under garments we sat and watched these for a good 10 mins and worked out they were not in pup nor had any stashed, The first one shot was last years fawn and the other one just out of pic was a year older. The white one hung around for ages after its 2 mates went missing. I would have let Alex shoot but the wind was a bit of a factor.

Anyway enjoy this short film

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9V9OSEEqlQ

Hamish
    jakewire, gadgetman, Gibo and 5 others like this.
    Hamish
    027 5422 985
    www.hgd.co.nz

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Excellent Hamish. That beats my father, daughter bonding session at a way to over crowded shopping mall this afternoon.
    HNTMAD likes this.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Good shit Hamish

I took my two out to @Pengys today and neither of them wanted to shoot thier rifle
    On the way down the drive a rabbit run then sat 5m from the wagon as I stopped, neither of them wanted to harvest some tea..

I dont want to push my kids into anything as that put me off a few things but far canal when I was my boys age I was throwing my best tantrums because dad wouldnt take me on a "mans trip"
    gadgetman and Pengy like this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

I got one on your behalf today Cam. Not on the road, but up at the airstrip.
    I don't think you would salvage much though as I tapped it with an 80g in the 243 at all of 40 yrds.
    Doggy is enjoying what was left
    veitnamcam, mikee and Scouser like this.
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

Under the big hill at the southern end of the Ruahines
    How far north was this? I went out with a mate on Saturday arvo and we struggled to even move without being blown over on his block so we pulled the pin! Love seeing Fallow out and about, they seem to getting more wide spread throughout the wairarapa now? Used to only get them out at the coast passed Pongaroa so the stories go.

Was sat morning and yes windy, these guys and a red just out of picture were in a nice sheltered Gully, shame you pulled the pin.

Hamish

Sent from my E2353 using Tapatalk
    Hamish
    027 5422 985
    www.hgd.co.nz

Nice Work Hamish and awesome father son time...