Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: First Kills - with VietnamCam and KiwiGreg

Re: First Kills - with VietnamCam and KiwiGreg

Good stuff Dougie, your one up on me... went for a look last week, saw 3, a start i guess

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River

OK so I was away for a while and missed the post VC, but I am here now and happy to assume the responsibilities of my office as the president of the dirty old mans club. Excellent angle on the prone shooter by the way. You are clearly a skilled photographer artfully using the light to highlight the prominent features. Nice to see that the pins are back too Dougie. Good to see you meeting the pleas of your fan club.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Quote Originally Posted by moonhunt View Post
    Good stuff Dougie, your one up on me... went for a look last week, saw 3, a start i guess
    Good stuff dude!! There's no way I would have seen any without my helpers. Sweet animals deer eh...I like how they freeze just to tease you, make you think you had a shot, then bugger off! I've yet to get a pig yet. That'll make my year I think.
    She loves the free fresh wind in her hair; Life without care. She's broke but it's oke; that's why the lady is a tramp.

Spotlighting them can be a bit of fun, but words cant describe approaching your first intense bail up...
    Someone take Dougie for a pig hunt
    veitnamcam and Dougie like this.

Great Stuff Dougie! looks like you had a blast. Congrats on bagging your first deer too! Good on KiwiGreg and VietnamCam for helping you out, top blokes!

Spotlighting them can be a bit of fun, but words cant describe approaching your first intense bail up...
    Someone take Dougie for a pig hunt
    Would be a rush for her for sure, Not sure how she would like seeing a dog ripped up or killed........... Dougie ?

Most of my mates are dog followers and Im sure they would take you out.
    Summer not good dogs can die from the heat.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Spotlighting sounds alright, I'll pass on the dog hunts thanks.
    She loves the free fresh wind in her hair; Life without care. She's broke but it's oke; that's why the lady is a tramp.

Bailing dogs Dougie, heaps of fun
    Check out my old post in dogs- RIP Maddy, never had a poke,poor old girl had a brain tumour, but yea respect your choice

Each to their own, I'm not going to try to stop people from using dogs for pigs - they're bloody good at it, that's their calling in life! But I just couldn't hack it myself. I had a few weird emotions going on with that deer tbh - such a beautiful, powerful animal. I felt a little sick for most of the weekend but got a bit of a lump in my throat during his last few moments.

Not so much for the goat though weird, huh! And I have no problem squishing a fly, or even a mouse. Funny how us humans seem to be a breed apart when it comes to killing.

Yea fair enough, i know what your saying,everyone should have a healthy respect for the game we hunt
    And yea its funny how we all have differant feelings toward the differant animals, i dont hunt ducks,i like them on my pond
    veitnamcam likes this.

Yea fair enough, i know what your saying,everyone should have a healthy respect for the game we hunt
    And yea its funny how we all have differant feelings toward the differant animals, i dont hunt ducks,i like them on my pond
    That's awesome!! I also find it interesting how we have domesticated animals and put emotions to them - I wonder if my dog actually does feel 'happy' or 'sad' or more complex emotions like remorse or hold grudges? Or is he just like a sheep or some other animal. Cool to think about.

Quote Originally Posted by Dougie View Post
    Each to their own, I'm not going to try to stop people from using dogs for pigs - they're bloody good at it, that's their calling in life! But I just couldn't hack it myself. I had a few weird emotions going on with that deer tbh - such a beautiful, powerful animal. I felt a little sick for most of the weekend but got a bit of a lump in my throat during his last few moments.

Not so much for the goat though weird, huh! And I have no problem squishing a fly, or even a mouse. Funny how us humans seem to be a breed apart when it comes to killing.
    Good. I still get that feeling. It called remorse and is born out of respect for the animal you have killed.

I don't think remorse is quite the right word.

Compassion?

Each to there own, for me its remorse for killing a beautiful animal that was just going about its life.
    Compassion well hopefully i managed to kill it quickly with no suffering so nothing to be compassionate about.

Either way its respect for the animal
    Dougie likes this.

I still remember the first Fallow Doe I shot stalking in the bush.

She was stunning with big brown eyes & extra long eye lashs just like a Jersey calf

I patted her & apologised.