Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Northern Territory Trip

Here's a pic or two of the Sheer vastness Pete.

On one day we drove for about 2.5hrs through the bush following an old four wheel drive track that hadn't been driven on for a year or so. Snotted a few donkey's along the way.
    Came up to this huge valley (2nd Pic). Just 2 of us, no one knew where we were going as you tend to just invent the days outing as you drive thru the bush.

Stinking hot with just a hint of a breeze, we sat on the edge of the cliff face eating lunch and glassing the valley floor below, it was a site for sore eyes, mobs of donkeys and heaps of pigs taking a nap under trees. I spied some big pigs at 950 yards. We tried to find a 4 wheel drive track that headed down there but couldn't. My offsider wanted to walk down to the bottom via a game trail but I was a little hesitant because of the heat and would have to carry my day pack full of water etc. Anyway he talked me into it, walked down a game trail which only to about 20 mins and straight away game across a bunch of donkeys, I didn't want to shoot them because I really wanted to nail the pigs.

Name:  NT pic 1.JPG
Views: 272
Size:  151.4 KB

Name:  NT pic 2.JPG
Views: 289
Size:  188.3 KB

We spotted the pigs from around 250 yds so just crept up to about the 200 yd mark bouncing from tree to tree, it was quite open country down there. The big bugger was onto us straight away and started to take off, I drilled him from 190 yds and he dropped like a sack of spuds, the others took off in all directions, drilled another one then went looking for the donkeys but they were long gone.

Name:  NT pic 3.JPG
Views: 309
Size:  158.3 KB

We spent a couple of hours down there wandering around just sussing out the valley, bugger me if we came across an old 4 wheel drive track that we followed back up to where we had parked the cruiser. We took the cruiser down there 2 days later but that's another story.
    P38 likes this.

Can i ask what station were you on ?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris p View Post
    Can i ask what station were you on ?
    Wombungi

P38
    Quote Originally Posted by Tussock View Post
    Yeah nah. It will snow there before I have any sympathy for the Australian station owner. They won't starve any time soon. Their cattle do frequently as they rarely if ever take much interest between musters. Not the hardest job in the world though listening to them you will be assured it is.

Let 20,000 cattle go and forget about them. Send the boys on a very long drive round the boundary fence. Muster. Have the boys fix everything they broke mustering. Pocket your 2 million and head to your gold coast apartment.
    Well fuck me if he's pocketed a cool 2mil I could think of a hundred better places to spend it than the bloody GC.

Now how do I get hold of an outback station lease?

Cheers
    Pete
    Arguing with an Engineer is like Wrestling a Pig in Mud.

After awhile you realise the Pig loves it.

Quote Originally Posted by P38 View Post
    Well fuck me if he's pocketed a cool 2mil I could think of a hundred better places to spend it than the bloody GC.

Now how do I get hold of an outback station lease?

Cheers
    Pete
    0800 Darwin Stations
    P38 likes this.
    "Thats not a knife, this is a knife"
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    CFD

tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive

Live cattle export is high risk, the asian markets are dodgey payers and have sketchy welfare that nearly brought the whole industry down. Still might.
    Love the Territory lived there 5 years hunted Arnhemland with the locals (aboriginal), it really is larger than life. Spent some years at university in NZ but the Territory educated me.
    Dundee likes this.