Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: Ol’ Man And A Boy.

Quote Originally Posted by mimms2 View Post
    If you took as much nurofen as the Slow Release (sr) dose you might find different. SR is 2-4 times as much of the active ingredient.
    The Dr has increased my dosage of the SR over the last couple of years. 800mg now and he says don't be afraid to take an extra one a day if its bad.
    Im off to Tekapo for a weeks hunting tomorrow so I'm likely to rattle when I walk.

Quote Originally Posted by Marty Henry View Post
    Brufen sr works better than nurofen or Voltaren prescription only though. Won't fix arthritis or joint decay but stops it swelling up and keeps the pain at tolerable levels.

Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by mimms2 View Post
    If you took as much nurofen as the Slow Release (sr) dose you might find different. SR is 2-4 times as much of the active ingredient.
    Yes but it isnt released all at once like the little tablets but rather over 8 or so hours. Doctor started me on 3 800mg tablets a day 2 in the morning and one at night for a week than down to 2 for 2 weeks, now 1 a day. Its certainly not turned me into a ballet dancer but boy have I got some movement and quality of life back .

Quote Originally Posted by Marty Henry View Post
    Yes but it isnt released all at once like the little tablets but rather over 8 or so hours. Doctor started me on 3 800mg tablets a day 2 in the morning and one at night for a week than down to 2 for 2 weeks, now 1 a day. Its certainly not turned me into a ballet dancer but boy have I got some movement and quality of life back .
    Im the same. 1 800 a day and an extra if I need it. If I have a big carry in front of me I sometimes pop the one extra before I haul my pack on.
    It makes my knees and hands bearable and eases the lock-fingers.

In the end I 'suppose they will all need to be replaced My brains in good order though because its never been used

Quote Originally Posted by 7mmwsm View Post
    I frequently have discussions with a tanker steerer I know (@striker) (being a dry stock farmer I feel it is my duty to do so). He says exactly the same as you.
    I have him on about being over paid and under worked.
    Steve’s been in it long enough now to realize it’s not as easy as you outsiders think. It’s not all milk and pie shops ya know
    Moa Hunter and matagouri like this.
    Farmers Feed The World..
    The Only Thing Not Delivered By Truck Are Babies...

Quote Originally Posted by 7mmwsm View Post
    Have you tried velvet?
    When I was shearing I was getting arthritis in my index finger from holding a handpiece all day. Started taking velvet and it went away. If I stopped taking it the pains would gradually return. It was never a "wow it's gone" type fix. Just gradually disappear.
    No actually its one of the few things I haven't tried.
    Come to think of it Dad takes it too.
    Expensive?

Sent from my S60 using Tapatalk
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

The greenlip are a great natural antiinflammatory which is what the diclofinac is.

Sent from my S60 using Tapatalk
    Tahr likes this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Yeap my knees are rooted, both been reconstructed and the left one is about rooted again which will eventually mean a joint replacement probably, surgeon told me after both reconstructions "you might get ten years out of them, if you look after them..."
    Carried a fat as fallow buck for a bit last night and the knees certainly felt pretty unstable and had a few good "Clunk!" Out of them
    Trekking poles, voltaren emulgel, and a jab with hydrocortisone every couple of months keeps them going for now
    270 is a harmonic divisor number[1]
    270 is the fourth number that is divisible by its average integer divisor[2]
    270 is a practical number, by the second definition
    The sum of the coprime counts for the first 29 integers is 270
    270 is a sparsely totient number, the largest integer with 72 as its totient
    Given 6 elements, there are 270 square permutations[3]
    10! has 270 divisors
    270 is the smallest positive integer that has divisors ending by digits 1, 2, …, 9.

Quote Originally Posted by striker View Post
    a few of the guys at work must be getting the same or something similar.
    seems to help going from hobble to an upright walk
    This isn’t just after having a discussion with the boss is it
    c-dog likes this.
    Farmers Feed The World..
    The Only Thing Not Delivered By Truck Are Babies...

The Original Striker
    Nope, just that we have a few walking wounded at the moment.
    Shoulders, Elbows, Knees and Back get looked after first and foremost.
    The others if rebuilt just slow you down a bit, the first 4 stop you solid
    Bigger Better Faster Stronger
    Handle the Jandle, or get off the Beach

The Original Striker

Banned
    Remember the thread I started on 'Are we eating the right bits' ? This was what I was on about, eat the leg cartilage and save the trimmed silver skin from the backsteaks etc and put it in the bag with the casserole meat. Eat the shanks etc. We need to consume 12 - 15 grams of collagen per day to make a difference.
    The reason velvet deer antler helps is because of the collagen it contains in combination with growth stimulants like IGF1 these stimulate the body to absorb the collagen - so taking velvet + sinew + Ginseng = very good.
    veitnamcam likes this.

Huk
    Quote Originally Posted by oraki View Post
    I’ve got some, but in the rush to track down “my” gear which had been ‘borrowed ‘ the previous couple of months, I clean forgot them. I was hoping that the work I’d done fitness wise, it wouldn’t have been to much of a drama. To many years jumping off roofs, haystacks, truck decks and cabs is starting to catch up.
    Wish I’d taken more notice of the ol’ timers who told me off for doing so.

Notice to all you young spikers out there..... listen to the ol’ boys. They know what they’re on about
    Haha cant put an old head on young shoulders as I was told when a much younger man.Also be carefull of too much can screw kidney function I know it has mine,could be just me maybe

Huk
    Ooooops that should read to much Voltaren
    veitnamcam and Moa Hunter like this.