Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Photo's that just make you want to get out there hunting...

Quote Originally Posted by Scribe View Post
    Yes it was 'Rushy' and all caesarean's to boot. No one else could raise them like she could. I think the problem other people has was they fed them and put them in a box and put them in the shed. Julie made them feel like they had a mother.

We only raised hinds and a year or two later we went out to the deer farm to see them all. Hell they were funny they had never forgotten their mother. Crowding around her standing on their back legs sniffing her hair and vying for attention.

Thanks 'Gibo' I will tell her you said that, she will be pleased. She was/is an attractive woman, useful too. She could tack out twenty skins an hour and make a better job than any man I knew. Good with horses to, she worked the pack horses while I shot.
    Sounds like the perfect woman Scribe. Good stuff
    I'm drawn to the mountains and the bush, it's where life is clear, where the world makes the most sense.

She could tack out twenty skins an hour and make a better job than any man I knew. Good with horses to, she worked the pack horses while I shot.
    Talk about a keeper @Scribe. Sounds like you two were a team to rival Bonnie and Clyde
    Yeah nah bro

Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by K95 View Post
    Spring time hunting in Percy Lyes country.

DSC_0210 by AckleyImproved, on Flickr
    Nice looking dog @K95, what is the breed?
    Yeah nah bro

Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt.

sturg4
    Quote Originally Posted by phillipgr View Post
    Talk about a keeper @Scribe. Sounds like you two were a team to rival Bonnie and Clyde
    Yes we were a team alright 'phillipgr' Julie was just seventeen when I first took her up to Ruahine Corner for a couple days. God that appears young now.

I tell you when my own daughters were that age and someone suggested taking them up to the Plateau for a couple of days they would have got a short shift.
    Dundee, Dougie, phillipgr and 2 others like this.

K95
    Did you know David Lyes 'K95'. He was Percy's brother and no mean hunter himself. I got to know David and Val as Liveaboards
    on their yacht in the Marlborough Sounds. We shared many a dram and story in those myriad of sheltered bays in Pelorous and Queen Charlotte where we would all anchor in a line pull back and run stern line to a tree. During the evening we would pull the yachts together for a party and then let them part buy tightening the stern line. Could have sat out a hurricane without discomfort.
    Well before my time unfortunately. My grandfather knew David well and hunted fiordland in Caswell sound for wapiti with Percy.
    "Treat the Earth well. It was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children.”

K95
    Quote Originally Posted by phillipgr View Post
    Nice looking dog @K95, what is the breed?
    Mostly Lab/Heeler something. Good company but noisy.
    "Treat the Earth well. It was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children.”