Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Possum Traping In The Weekend

I used to use oil of clove flour add cooking oil mix it in to a dough ,works sweet as for all weather water proof baits , coones love the stuff .

Theres some good baits there. I use ground cloves ,cinamin and flour.I'll kick em off the playstation so he can look at this thread.

thanks guys

She loves the free fresh wind in her hair; Life without care. She's broke but it's oke; that's why the lady is a tramp.

Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Quote Originally Posted by Dougie View Post
    Not for the politically correct faction of society Dougie but a classic example of country folk thinking laterally about their need to raise funds and doing what all New Zealanders would have been quite comfortable with only fifty years ago. I have dispatched several possums around home this year so for a laugh I might get the next one permanently mounted on the bonnet of my car now that I have seen this article (he says with tongue very much in cheek). A quick drive down Queen Street should get some of the over politically corrected tongues wagging.

As to the bunny huggers complaining that such an activity does not teach children to respect animals, that is a matter of perspective and a crock of crap in my opinion. Does that view then imply that a hunter that has a trophy mounted for display has no respect for the animal he took? I think not!
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Yeah, sadly I think these people have got the wrong idea. It's all in a bit of fun and good job to the school of only 14 kids, raising eight grand!

I dream of raising my kids in a rural place where I can teach them about respecting animals (and plants). Possums are a pest is this was not intended to be in bad taste. If someone tortured or mutilated them I think it might be a bit different but come on? Good on those kids and families, it looks like they had a blast.
    She loves the free fresh wind in her hair; Life without care. She's broke but it's oke; that's why the lady is a tramp.

PS Rushy you've been a bit MIA lately, good to see you kicking around the place today

Quote Originally Posted by Dougie View Post
    PS Rushy you've been a bit MIA lately, good to see you kicking around the place today
    Jeez Dougie give me a break. What between the wife, the mistress and servicing my mate's hareem while he has been overseas, a man has been to knackered to be on the interweb thingy. Or if you want the truth then I was in the bush Friday to Sunday and nursing aching limbs Monday and Tuesday.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!

Heres a bit more on what not too use ffs
    Illegal possum traps discovered in Makara bush | Stuff.co.nz

Quote Originally Posted by Dundee View Post
    Heres a bit more on what not too use ffs
    Illegal possum traps discovered in Makara bush | Stuff.co.nz
    Oh FFS alright Dundee. You know I am becoming a far less tolerent old bugger the more that time goes by and the more that I hear about the bunny loving, tree hugging trendy lefty brigade losing their grip on reality. "Leave the possums alone they are beautiful so what if they are pests they do not deserve to die" What bloody planet did that one come from?
    Dundee likes this.

R93
    I am lost or out of touch? The trap looks similar to a victor are they now illegal?????

Possums...beautiful? Gosh I'd hate to see that hippee's wife!

Those pricks would have a hernia if we told them we cut the claws off and the tail before we cut them in three pieces too feed too the dogs.Maybe we should dress them up first for the dogs.R93 yes that does look like a Victor trap I'll have a hunt around and find a link for the legal ones.

Banned
    Bring your fur into Hunting and fishing DVK in a fortnight Possum trapper weil hook you up $130 kg and a trap for every kilo mate. buy the sounds you will be bringing a trailer aye
    possum trapper likes this.