Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: Report on my shortest ever hunt

Quote Originally Posted by madjon_ View Post
    So, can't like that.
    Mend quick.
    I liked it. But I am a sick.
    GWH likes this.

Good reminder for the rest of us and best place to do it, hope your back out there ASAP

That sucks Clint, knees are bastard things once they start playing up, have had reconstruction surgery twice on my right knee, the second time after being hauled out if fiordland by helicopter after it collapsed three days into our Wapiti ballot we had been planning for all year, that incident could have actually turned out pretty bad as I went face first downhill with the weight of my pack behind me. Im beginning to get an all too familiar niggly pain in my left knee now also.
    I find that a brace and walking pole helps immensely as its the downhills that are the killer for me, although I have been silly a few times and havent taken my brace as I sweat heaps wearing it and end up with a rash, its like always walking along a razors edge, its ok but always on my mind that it could collapse at any time.
    Gibo likes this.
    270 is a harmonic divisor number[1]
    270 is the fourth number that is divisible by its average integer divisor[2]
    270 is a practical number, by the second definition
    The sum of the coprime counts for the first 29 integers is 270
    270 is a sparsely totient number, the largest integer with 72 as its totient
    Given 6 elements, there are 270 square permutations[3]
    10! has 270 divisors
    270 is the smallest positive integer that has divisors ending by digits 1, 2, …, 9.

I know the feeling well, on both legs. I got my wife to make some thin smooth leather sleeves to go over the cross straps behind the knee. (smooth polished leather). This helps a lot to stop the chafing. The other insurmountable problem is the reduced amount you can bend the knee when braces are worn, to climb over obstacles; end up having to roll over logs sideways sometimes. Better than not going at all though.
    Gibo likes this.

57JL
    Quote Originally Posted by GWH View Post
    Mate I was on a nice flat track, just a silly little slip that must have straightened my leg out and twisted just enough to allow the knee cap to slip around to the outside.

It doesn't take much, I'm normally pretty careful because of it.
    same thing happened to me i tripped on a downward slope on a track and smashed my right knee on a rock sticking out of the surface it is my bad knee and it swelled up real fast i always carry a stretchy pressure bandage for this knee thank god took me hour and half to get back to my truck that was half hour away normally drove truck back to palmy north only using one leg manual gearbox to mates place where i was staying he made me go to the hospital with him they xrayed the knee and were amazed i could even walk on it or got myself out of the bush.got some good pain killers and drove back to Whangarei next day using one leg 10 hour drive went to the surgen who wanted to give me a knee replacement and i said NO i am to young for that i was 51 years old went down the swimming pool and walked and run in the water for 6 weeks knee was stable enough to go back to work that was 10 years ago still working and hunting but it,s getting harder so next time it fucks out new knee i suppose got myself a PLB for my 60th birthday
    7mm Rem Mag likes this.

If your not fast your last Shootm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GWH View Post
    I was so looking forward to my hunt on Sunday. A primo forecast after the cold wet southerly that went through on Saturday. I was expecting deer would be out in the sun everywhere.

I left home at 4am, 2 hr drive to spot x. I was amping as I was pulling my boots on, I'd had a couple of very busy weeks with work and there was nothing I was looking forward to move than being up the hill on my own and settling in behind the binos to search for a willing participant to help me test the terminal performance of the 195gr Bergers from the new 28 Nosler.

It was nice and still and a clear starry sky, it was going to be an awesome day.

Then literally just 30 seconds from the car I slip and dislocate my bloody knee AGAIN, hit the deck pretty hard giving the new rifle and new scope a big smack on the ground.

I picked my sorry sore asre up and hobbled back to truck before the knee swelled up too much. Dosed up on anti-inflammatory and pain relief and headed for home. Luckily it's my left leg and the truck is an auto, otherwise I don't think I could have driven.

Not quite the alone time I had in mind.

Was back home by 8.30am. Was a nice day for a drive tho.

So Gutted.

After reading the title I thought you must of shot one in the car park, hope it comes right. Spring hunting is just around the corner
    GWH likes this.

I Have Sexdaily. I mean Dyslexia! Fcuk!

Name:  FullSizeRender.jpg
Views: 209
Size:  1.08 MB

If your not fast your last Shootm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibo View Post
    What did you get done @Gibo

I Have Sexdaily. I mean Dyslexia! Fcuk!

MSL
    He had some spacers put in to gain some height.
    Shootm, GWH and Rusky like this.

ACL reconstruction. The worst bit was the tendon graft from the thigh
    Shootm likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MSL View Post
    He had some spacers put in to gain some height.
    Did you have reduction surgery?

GWH
    Good news in regards to the rifle/scope, the big knock didn't bother it. One shot today @ 400 and she's still bang on.

Unfortunately the knee will take a bit longer to get right.
    berg243 likes this.