Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: RIP Robbie Tiffen

RIP

wow that sucks alright....they are a great firm to deal with and will need our support more than ever through this trying time.

That's real shit house news, I always have and always will use Gunworks. Such a huge loss to the industry and his family.
    Gibo likes this.
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Banned
    Awful news...condolences to those close.

condolences to all.my memories are of 2CantNMWCwhen robbie was shooting coach.Astute was an understatement .
    indeed IIRC he represented the NZ army at bisley one year ,did he not.
    What little contact i did have with gunworks left me very impressed with product and staff.
    Rest easy Robbie
    Dicko and Moa Hunter like this.

Fulla
    That sucks.

He will be missed.

Quote Originally Posted by rupert View Post
    He will be missed.
    That much is for certain. Always a gentleman.

Robbie was a top bloke and will be sadly missed.

Our thoughts and prayers should be with Amanda and their boys and the team at Gunworks at this difficult time.

We need to keep supporting Gunworks.
    Cordite likes this.

Really sorry to hear that. Robbie seemed a nice bloke, met him once in the friendly Gunworks shop. He took me through to his safe and we had a yarn about the artisanship of Japanese gun manufacturers... all the while my wife got chatting with Amanda who sold us her book (a sound, practical volume by the way). Our thoughts go to her and the kids.
    Cyclops likes this.
    An itch ... is ... a desire to scratch

Canterbury, home of the big Rakaia Red Stag
    Reminiscing a bit here.... I remember dealing with Robbie back in the days when he operated out of his house on Memorial Ave, very enthusiastic and bloody helpful. Once I paid a visit to a fitter & turner friend I used to deal with on Brougham St, his machining room was to one side of the workshop and who should be peering out the window with smile on his face, Robbie. I bowled in to investigate what he was up to, top secret stuff he was working on his prototype suppressors for center fire. This was a faaarkn long time ago and I would be bold enough to say here that Robbie was one of the first to really bring this concept to the market, a true pioneer. Good on ya Robbie

Banned
    Lets not forget that cutting, dry wit of Robbie's. The way he could so masterfully take the pee in a most un-offensive but disarming way was just priceless.
    I remember the day Robbie made Corporal he was so proud. Then that night Robbie climbing through the exposed roof trusses in the Mess from one end of the building to the other, back and forth and having to drink a bottle of beer each time he got to an end to celibrate. A steel rubbish tin at each end by the beer. What a bloody good fun bloke.
    kotuku and Mathias like this.

I'm sorry to hear that.

Quote Originally Posted by Moa Hunter View Post
    Lets not forget that cutting, dry wit of Robbie's. The way he could so masterfully take the pee in a most un-offensive but disarming way was just priceless.
    I remember the day Robbie made Corporal he was so proud. Then that night Robbie climbing through the exposed roof trusses in the Mess from one end of the building to the other, back and forth and having to drink a bottle of beer each time he got to an end to celibrate. A steel rubbish tin at each end by the beer. What a bloody good fun bloke.
    I remember a mate of mine made the 2cantnmwc shooting team in the freyberg trophy -Staff sgt Tiffen was coach-mate ,a more than useful shot himself with whatever he had in his paws sighs in exasperation "after a day on the west melton range -tiffen is bloody ridiculous in his demands-I got so pissed off i asked him if he could nail a pubic hair on a sandflys balls -retort was" show me the sandfly" right there and then i knew he did know his shit and boy did he!
    robbie you may have gone to that great range in the blue beyond but your legacy -it will live forever more!
    Mathias and dannyb like this.

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by kotuku View Post
    I remember a mate of mine made the 2cantnmwc shooting team in the freyberg trophy -Staff sgt Tiffen was coach-mate ,a more than useful shot himself with whatever he had in his paws sighs in exasperation "after a day on the west melton range -tiffen is bloody ridiculous in his demands-I got so pissed off i asked him if he could nail a pubic hair on a sandflys balls -retort was" show me the sandfly" right there and then i knew he did know his shit and boy did he!
    robbie you may have gone to that great range in the blue beyond but your legacy -it will live forever more!
    Truth be told he couldnt shoot for shit
    I shot all over the world with the guy.
    He was polorizing and that's the good thing about him.
    Wit that was sharper than any knife.
    I will miss you mate

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    Mathias and csmiffy like this.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.