Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree65Likes

Thread: Summer stalking

Summer stalking

It has been quite a while since I have posted anything here, to be honest the political mud slinging kind of put me off, but that's another topic I have zero interest in right now.
    It has been a very productive past 12 months for me, despite having ruptured my right knee ACL nearly two years ago and recovering from surgery I still managed to hobble about with the rifle, at times though things got pretty tough I'll be honest. Spring was pretty good with plenty of yearlings hitting the ground, this Summer I haven't done a great deal, I don't deal with the heat very well so have spent more time in the water with the speargun. I have still been able to drop a few good meat animals, a bit of pest control around the region for some landowners has kept me busy, along with a few early mornings in the regular spots, still those bloody blowflies are never far away so yah have to move fast.
    The last stag shot was a reasonable 10 pointer, it was actually a pretty good one with quite long antlers. The velvet peeled off very easily so I'll keep that one and clean it up. Thought I'd add a few pics from out on the water as well, I guess its still technically shooting right ?

Name:  stags.JPG
Views: 531
Size:  174.6 KB
    Name:  IMG_4654.jpg
Views: 526
Size:  103.7 KB
    Name:  IMG_4544.JPG
Views: 530
Size:  156.0 KB
    Name:  IMG_4382.jpg
Views: 540
Size:  140.6 KB
    Name:  E6B537E7-47A8-4CC8-8339-6993063D72A8.JPG
Views: 545
Size:  296.2 KB
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

whats the boat bud????
    your venison bangers look much more professional than our attemps,hope they taste just as good as they look.
    thanks for taking time to post.
    Beaker and Steve123 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    whats the boat bud????
    your venison bangers look much more professional than our attemps,hope they taste just as good as they look.
    thanks for taking time to post.
    Thanks mate, the boat is a Whaly 370, its a spearfishing beast, lightweight easy to move by myself and its quite fast with just a 20hp. I must say I am quite proud of my sausages, it has taken a bit of experimenting to get the ratio just right, there is a ton of different seasonings out there but I have 2-3 that I just love. If anyone wants a good paua/venny recipe drop me a message.
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Great stuff mate. Yeah the BS here has hit an all time low. Won’t stop us hunting though!
    Nathan F, Trout, Beaker and 4 others like this.

Inside that chilly bin looks good, been a while since a feed of paua. been parked up with a broken wing for the last month has been had enough

Quote Originally Posted by bigbear View Post
    Inside that chilly bin looks good, been a while since a feed of paua. been parked up with a broken wing for the last month has been had enough
    Thats no good. Yeah cant beat a good feed of Paua patties. I honestly am not sure what I prefer them or a venny steak. and thats saying something !
    Moa Hunter, Micky Duck and Pixie Z like this.

both require thick white bread,lashings of real butter and loads of salt to be enjoyed properly,a bubbly brown ale to wash it down.....oh shite Im hungry again...

both require thick white bread,lashings of real butter and loads of salt to be enjoyed properly,a bubbly brown ale to wash it down.....oh shite Im hungry again...
    100% Bakery quality fresh bread and real salted butter. That's heaven right there.
    Micky Duck likes this.

So true!
    Please excuse spelling, as finger speed is sometimes behind brain spped........ Or maybe the other wayy.....

Some bloody good hunting and gathering pictures there mate. Cheers for posting that.

Inspiring what can be brought home when you get out there amongst it with a bit of effort.
    Last edited by Allizdog; 06-02-2021 at 10:00 PM.
    oneshot likes this.

That's a great variety of food from the wild, those sausages sure look good. That's not a bad 10 pointer alright . What caliber is the rifle?

I like your style. I keep the colder months generally for hunting and the summer for spearfishing. Both types of hunting keep you reasonably fit and fed well.
    oneshot and Moa Hunter like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mooseman View Post
    That's a great variety of food from the wild, those sausages sure look good. That's not a bad 10 pointer alright . What caliber is the rifle?
    Thompson center encore 270, I used a Bergara single shot 7mm-08 for a very long time but decided I needed a rifle with a bit more stretch.

Oneshot,

nice catch from both land and sea. Can you tell me what the fish is that is behind the John Dory in the left corner? I think you have another one there upside down also.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Dicko View Post
    Oneshot,

nice catch from both land and sea. Can you tell me what the fish is that is behind the John Dory in the left corner? I think you have another one there upside down also.
    Thanks.
    That would be Butterfish, they are only found in NZ ( I believe ) and are an incredible eating fish. There was half a dozen under the Paua in that photo.
    Pixie Z likes this.