Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator ZeroPak

User Tag List

Like Tree23Likes
  • 20 Post By short swede
  • 1 Post By Allizdog
  • 1 Post By trooper90
  • 1 Post By short swede

Thread: two down

Threaded View

two down

Went for a solo wander last night in North Canterbury. Deer coming onto a dairy farm from the scrubby hill behind. Group apparently took out about 15 in the last two weeks. After waiting for dark then wandering along with the green light I spotted a hind up the hill. Didn't fire a shot as a large fence and irrigation race to cross at that stage but cool to see one. Walked along and another set of eyes, left that one as no clear shot. Discovered a bridge and another deer out looking at me from the ridge but moved on as not a good shot angle. Flicked the light onto the paddock I was moving along and what the hell !! two barely out of the nappies reds grazing about 30 metres away. Didn't even move with the green light on them. Ended up a great trip as only @ 600 metres back to the truck and drove to them for recovery. The old 6.5x55 Husqvarna didn't let me down.

Name:  deer culverden.jpg
Views: 359
Size:  323.7 KB
    Tahr, tikka, mikee and 17 others like this.