Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree107Likes

Thread: This what its all about...

Thar, I'm liking your enthusiasm but for god sakes shoot them at a respectable time of day when there is still enough light to butcher and carry out.
    Tahr likes this.

Well done Tahr ,I haven't been near "Snee" rd since before Easter but my last three reds came from the Ruahine Range on public land and fluked a couple on the Manawatu river as it was a mad dash back home to get the rifle.
    Tahr likes this.
    "Thats not a knife, this is a knife"
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    CFD

tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive

Quote Originally Posted by Dundee View Post
    Well done Tahr ,I haven't been near "Snee" rd since before Easter but my last three reds came from the Ruahine Range on public land and fluked a couple on the Manawatu river as it was a mad dash back home to get the rifle.
    @Dundee Great that you are getting some time to yourself for hunt .That's cool that they were on the river. They are getting to be all all over the shop, eh. There's plenty around Snee Rd except where you go is getting popular. Ive seen it on a couple of YouTube hunting vids recently.
    Dundee likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusky View Post
    Thar, I'm liking your enthusiasm but for god sakes shoot them at a respectable time of day when there is still enough light to butcher and carry out.
    @Rusky Ive always been a bugger for hunting 'til dark and getting out late. Quite enjoy it. The modern head torches are great, and Ive always got my PLB on my belt. Always let one of my lads know where I am and what Im up to too.
    Rusky and Micky Duck like this.

Your driving too far. Try the kaimais near Matamata. It's a 2 hour drive.
    I have never had any success bush stalking them. Been up wairere and te tuhi.

Will try te aroha or a few spots around there.

Been plenty of times in my spots where I could have shot but didn't know the range so let them go. That's no longer an issue as I bought a range finder. So now it's just an issue of getting out hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by Russian 22. View Post
    I have never had any success bush stalking them. Been up wairere and te tuhi.

Will try te aroha or a few spots around there.

Been plenty of times in my spots where I could have shot but didn't know the range so let them go. That's no longer an issue as I bought a range finder. So now it's just an issue of getting out hunting.
    All those spots have deer. Perseverance is key. If you get a deer there 1 out of 3 trips then your doing good.

Quote Originally Posted by Tahr View Post
    @Dundee Great that you are getting some time to yourself for hunt .That's cool that they were on the river. They are getting to be all all over the shop, eh. There's plenty around Snee Rd except where you go is getting popular. Ive seen it on a couple of YouTube hunting vids recently.
    Nice work yet again @Tahr!
    Each time i go in there im seeing more and more people-it must be included in one of those spot x books or something. Have heard that one of the bivy's features on a youtube video-yet to see it myself though and can't find the video.
    Tahr likes this.
    Bay Tyres-Driving the best deal since ages ago

All those spots have deer. Perseverance is key. If you get a deer there 1 out of 3 trips then your doing good.
    man I remember the 80s where if you SPOOKED a deer every third trip you thought you were doing really well....
    Steelisreal likes this.

Nice! Made me want to go straight out. Unfortunately, nothing in season here now...
    Tahr likes this.