Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree66Likes

Thread: The best of the wee tubs

+1 on the zook needing to be repowered, my old 1300cc jimny used to struggle to sit on 100k in a head wind, yet chuck a set of chains on it in low box and it would put the shits up me with the places it would get me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nissan Mistrals go quite cheap if you need low range. They do tend to rust though.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayden View Post
    +1 on the zook needing to be repowered, my old 1300cc jimny used to struggle to sit on 100k in a head wind, yet chuck a set of chains on it in low box and it would put the shits up me with the places it would get me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My brother has had a few jimneys, 413s and vitaras. The pick would be the 1600 5speed vitaras and he still regrets selling his 96 when he was offered a 2004 for the same money....The newer jimneys (up until the latest shape came out) have proved to be not lacking on power. Suzuki did their fuel injection magic and it has more go than the 1600 and 2.0l Vitaras. However he set this up as an off roader from one he picked up cheap.....They never come up cheap when I am looking. this is his firewood wheel barrow so that he does not have to push...The window behind the seats is one of the side windows removed from the back and it does still swing open.

Name:  20170423_093136.jpg
Views: 243
Size:  3.82 MB

Name:  20170423_093148.jpg
Views: 214
Size:  3.82 MB
    veitnamcam, Tentman, mikee and 3 others like this.

I've got a 98 V6 Vitara. Its been a bloody good little vehicle, and is plenty capable off road, Getting long in the tooth, and rusty from beach launching the boat, Only complaint, is seats are uncomfortable, on a long road trip, 4-5 hrs plus. Piss all over my bighorn off road, but the bighorn carries more and I can sleep in the back.
    I've now got a diesel Rav4, 2015 in NZ, if its half as capable as the Vitara, I be happy.

FWIW, I have a Suzuki snorkel kit lurking in my shed. I was going to fit it to my (ex) 2.4 petrol Grand Vitara, but obviously never did. Ultra cheap, like make a cheeky offer and it could be yours. Right hand side fitting and I think suitable for years 2005 to 2017
    dannyb likes this.