Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Bmw 3351

Caretaker - Gone But Not Forgotten jakewire's Avatar
    Thanks Ryan
    Out of my price range though I'm afraid.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    A nice sterile jappa with no soul, looks, handling or performance! Have your gonads removed at the same time !!
    No soul is just another term for reliability. Generally a vehicle with soul is unreliable and the 'soul' that it has comes from you asking it if it will work now, and becoming overly familiar with it under the bonnet.

Go Jap. The general consensus from any mechanic I've come across is never own Euro out of warranty.
    mudgripz, northdude and Tommy like this.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

if you're into modifying cars and don't mind an old car then any 90's jap turbo will be cheap to buy and do up and for not a lot of money can be a hell of a lot faster than the bmw.

Quote Originally Posted by gadgetman View Post
    No soul is just another term for reliability. Generally a vehicle with soul is unreliable and the 'soul' that it has comes from you asking it if it will work now, and becoming overly familiar with it under the bonnet.

Go Jap. The general consensus from any mechanic I've come across is never own Euro out of warranty.
    Don't know, never owned one, only Tawainese ones!
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

European car quality is half myth. Yes they often have very good on-road driving dynamics, high performance output, innovative electronic engineering etc, and win inital awards. But ..... while they win awards when new they certainly win no prizes for low maintenance reliability after 5-7 years and with more than 100k on the clock. Then the lack of engineering design begins to show out - which is why the arse drops out of their prices so badly on trademe.

Brother bought a tidy Beemer with few ks on the clock to impress business mates, and in short order had to buy new cooling system, exhaust system and computer. Parts/service prices nearly killed him. So now he drives little jappers and bugger trying to impress anyone.....

Friend bought a nice fancy Merc (secondhand) a while back - was bragging about it. I just felt sorry for him. Next thing I hear his company's gone broke - probly because of the Merc...
    Last edited by mudgripz; 09-04-2017 at 07:29 PM.

Quite happy for you guys to keep bagging them publicly....means I can buy them nice and cheap!
    Maca49 likes this.
    "Here's the deal I'm the best there is. Plain and simple. I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence."

Caretaker - Gone But Not Forgotten jakewire's Avatar
    Right then, well it looks like they are all your Spud, I daren't buy one now .
    Thanks Christ I didn't spend 20grand plus on one and then ask what folk thought.
    Spudattack, Happy and john m like this.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Perfect, on my 8th one, never had a issue other than general maintenance.....send em all my way!

Sent from my SM-G360G using Tapatalk
    "Here's the deal I'm the best there is. Plain and simple. I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence."

northdude
    id rather have a kick in the nuts than a european piece of shit sick of fixing the piles of shit i use to feel sorry for people that owned them but not any more they are the easiest customers to charge as they are use to it
    gadgetman, JoshC and john m like this.

Quote Originally Posted by northdude View Post
    id rather have a kick in the nuts than a european piece of shit sick of fixing the piles of shit i use to feel sorry for people that owned them but not any more they are the easiest customers to charge as they are use to it
    You going to Toby's shoot? we could all bring our steel caps?
    Spudattack likes this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Germany (a country in Europe) is by far the world's largest car exporter. In 2015 they exported USD 152.7b worth of cars or 22.7% of world total. Second placed Japan is miles away with USD 86.1b worth of cars or 12.8% of world total - a figure almost halfthat of Germany's.

Something about those figures suggest to me that European cars might not be as shit as people make them out to be. Remember that millions think / thought that the AR rifle was a piece of shit too...

Car Exports by Country

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Germany (a country in Europe) is by far the world's largest car exporter. In 2015 they exported USD 152.7b worth of cars or 22.7% of world total. Second placed Japan is miles away with USD 86.1b worth of cars or 12.8% of world total - a figure almost halfthat of Germany's.

Something about those figures suggest to me that European cars might not be as shit as people make them out to be. Remember that millions think / thought that the AR rifle was a piece of shit too...

Car Exports by Country
    But you need to also look at the way various markets use vehicles. We, as a country, have a tendency to keep vehicles a lot longer than most. Many of the European cars are classed by the sellers here as 'premium' vehicles and charge for parts and service at a premium too, even though elsewhere they are just your everyday cars. That aside a survey of tow companies here showed the Beemers provided work well out of proportion to their numbers on the road.
    GravelBen likes this.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

My post was to counter the generalisation that European cars are crap. That is to say, if they were as crap as they are made out to be then nobody would buy them. There are many European cars in (particularly in South Africa for example) with many miles on them. In Europe and many other countries they are used as taxis and would do infinitely more mileage than your average NZ driver.

Like anything life, if one maintains it correctly - it generally will last.

i repair allot of auto electronics. bmw are at the top of the list of unreliability as far as it goes. great cars though but be prepared for massive ongoing costs