Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: Crate Day

Doc will do nothing as from what I have been told the 4wd's don't go any where near the birds ,more MSM BS.
    outlander likes this.

River access may be a thing of the past if this keeps up, I like how firearms are getting mentioned now. Before you know it us gun-toting, crate drinking, nest destroying, river polluting miscreants will be slapped with another order in council.....

https://www.stuff.co.nz/the-press/ne...from-4wd-users

Quote Originally Posted by PadLo View Post
    River access may be a thing of the past if this keeps up, I like how firearms are getting mentioned now. Before you know it us gun-toting, crate drinking, nest destroying, river polluting miscreants will be slapped with another order in council.....

https://www.stuff.co.nz/the-press/ne...from-4wd-users
    The Waipara river thing has been going for over 10years. Trouble is more people have built close to the river and they want all to them self's. Does not help there a lot of drop kicks out there giving good 4wd uses a bad name.
    I'm surprised you can still drive off sh1 into and out of the river.
    This is the squeaky wheel thing , and some of what has been written not really true, like owning to centre of the river. There is a paper road up the side the river above Stringer bridge.
    sharps no 1 and outlander like this.

The same with us Jetboating the Waipara, last time we did it some dude was trying to take photos of us as we came back down.
    PadLo likes this.
    Shut up, get out & start pushing!

Quote Originally Posted by outdoorlad View Post
    The same with us Jetboating the Waipara, last time we did it some dude was trying to take photos of us as we came back down.
    You mean a photo to gee that looks cool or wtf is he doing here.

Quote Originally Posted by outdoorlad View Post
    @outdoorlad was that that bloke in waders? What did the taxidermist say when you took him in?
    It's all fun and games till Darthvader comes along
    I respect your beliefs but don't impose them on me.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Jack View Post
    DOC have come out and said their rangers didn't feel safe trying to tame these idiots.
    DOC rangers have very little enforcement powers. They would most likely have to prove the registered owner of the vehicle was driving before the police could investigate.

"Landowners recounted behaviour such as damage to farm property, fires, firearms, drug use, large convoys of oversized, noisy and modified 4WDs and ATVs, drink-driving, poaching, and trespassing."
    I wouldn't shed a tear if firearm licences were revoked because of shit like this, although there is a distinct possibility that licences may be considered optional by those muppets.

Quote Originally Posted by Russian 22. View Post
    DOC rangers have very little enforcement powers. They would most likely have to prove the registered owner of the vehicle was driving before the police could investigate.
    Ahhh as an ex DOC Ranger not quite right on the very little powers - search -seize -obstruction - lay charges - yup the powers are there its just that as a Ranger in the field the back up from higher up the chain to progress the charges simply on to many occasions is not there

I should add that not all DOC staff have the powers of stop search seize - they have to be a warranted Officer - not all in fact very few DOC staff are warranted -