Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree16Likes
  • 2 Post By Philipo
  • 1 Post By Philipo
  • 5 Post By MB
  • 3 Post By Micky Duck
  • 1 Post By rugerman
  • 1 Post By Micky Duck
  • 3 Post By MB

Thread: Dash Cams

Dash Cams

Any one using these?
    I'm thinking of getting one so after some recommendations.

Yep, got one installed by the dealer when I got my new Ute.
    https://dashmate.co.nz/product/dsh-922/

Front and rear cameras come with it. Easy to connect to with my phone, or pop out the micro SD card. Records when not driving as well, so keeps an eye on the contents of the ute tray when parked.
    Quality of the recording is good.

Apparently the 2 biggest cunts on here lol Philipo's Avatar
    Alrighty, let's get this thread started up again

I'm also after a couple of "dash cams" for the work vehicles, fuk me Palmy seems to be the city of red light runners, lane sweepers n complete merging morons.

What are people using n what's a good value unit ? The above post of Quentin's for the dashmate looks great but I couldn't find a price, which really fuks me off with companies like this btw
    Swanny and Jusepy like this.
    Shoot it, root it & then BBQ it !!!

MB
    What's the point? The idiots won't have insurance anyway.

Apparently the 2 biggest cunts on here lol Philipo's Avatar
    I disagree, while there are plenty of numpites & full on crack heads

As an example from couple of weeks back, coming up to an orange light ( three lanes ) I & the other guy far left slowed down, plenty of time to stop, fuk tard center in his newist Merg SUV just went straight through, like wtf, people have got so distracted & lazy with actually being "road wise" aye
    csmiffy likes this.
    Shoot it, root it & then BBQ it !!!

Bought 1 of this dashcam from Temu a couple of months and very impressed with it
    then bought 2 more for my other cars
    Dash screen is crystal clear and easy to use
    - Record front and back views of the car
    - Dashcam is very obvious for other road users and they tend to drive better around me .
    - no extra device blocking the screen

Downside
    - installation... I had to put the back camera inside the car
    - can be very bright at night but you can adjust the screen brightness
    - not everyone that drives with it, like it

Name:  WhatsApp Image 2023-10-24 at 9.26.12 AM.jpeg
Views: 307
Size:  124.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by MB View Post
    What's the point? The idiots won't have insurance anyway.

If you have third party insurance and they admit involvement but don't have insurance your policy will cover your vehicle. I've used this little know info twice already. It's fairly easy to get them to admit involvement, Let them know your insurance will sort it out and they will assume you're referring to fixing their vehicle. Insurance calls them and they're happy to cooperate.

MB
    Quote Originally Posted by No good names left View Post
    If you have third party insurance and they admit involvement but don't have insurance your policy will cover your vehicle.
    We've never had a problem getting a payout with or without getting another party to admit involvement.

My skepticism arises from a previous experience. My wife was working at a rest home, daughter of a patient bashed my wife's car. "Nice", middle class people. Apologised and gave a phone number which turned out to be incorrect. Our insurance company made a half hearted attempt to chase them, but they wouldn't answer phone calls even when we got the correct number. It went on and on. In the end, our insurance company paid for her car to be fixed.

I'm not a fan of unnecessary legislation, but compulsory third party insurance and the means to enforce claims is a no brainer.
    on2it, Bol Tackshin, 57jl and 2 others like this.

Brought a Redtiger f7ns off amazon front and rear camera,s, was about $350 to my door.

its amazing the footage gathered in short space of time from out milk tanker fleet..... some really close calls and some great footage of when things go pearshaped big time when dickheads pull out in front of loaded units....really good when some arsewhipe overtakes on blind corner and /or double yellow line push record button and boss will forward it onto coppers to dish out a ticket...quite a few big firms doing the same thing now.
    75/15/10 black powder matters

had a fully loaded logging truck drift a meter onto my side of the road the other day. Dickhead was probably texting or something since it was a straight bit of road. A dashcam sounds like a good idea
    Micky Duck likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by rugerman View Post
    had a fully loaded logging truck drift a meter onto my side of the road the other day. Dickhead was probably texting or something since it was a straight bit of road. A dashcam sounds like a good idea
    hell yes....called into office for a "please explain" after you have sent video into the boss when ordering your truck load of logs....
    rugerman likes this.
    75/15/10 black powder matters

MB
    I could start a YouTube channel about my commute. Last adventure was some clown on the wrong side of the road at night with no lights. He was overtaking a cyclist. I missed him by about 500mm.

Researched the shit out of dashcams - found these on Ali express.. on Youtube these things get quite good reviews as they use a Sony Starvis sensor.... I bought he front and rear cam option - piece of ease to install. There are options of course and now 70mai have a 4K version, the 800s but for the price, the 500s is enough for the job... and its easy enough to get hold of an extension cable for the rear cam to reach back to the front main unit too...

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000...d=CvpPqPE4Nbju