Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: dereg car

78 landcruiser on trade me (work a read actually if you want a laugh) $10K I'd be looking closely into the costs and it would have to be immaculate and very few kms. The extras (sunroof diff locks etc) could sway things on way or the other though.

Come on man give us some details

Quote Originally Posted by 2post View Post
    The Nissan 240z is considered a classic by some, it’s the only “original” design ie; not a copy of other makes. I don’t want to start something though.
    Old Celica GT are mint too.

professional spooker
    300CALMAN and 2post like this.

Quote Originally Posted by 2post View Post
    The Nissan 240z is considered a classic by some, it’s the only “original” design ie; not a copy of other makes. I don’t want to start something though.
    The original 240z I first saw at the Winter Show in Wellington, the late 60s? Was tipped up slightly, in burnt orange, of course. Looked amazing. I remember my first drive in one, 100 mph out passed the Masterton rubbish dump and into to right hander, I thought is wouldn’t make it, it shuddered and shook, but we came out the other side, just! Yep close to classic
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by Russian 22. View Post
    Old Celica GT are mint too.

professional spooker
    Anything better than a Lada, Russian!!
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    Anything better than a Lada, Russian!!
    Lada niva are fine 4x4's! But yes. Russian cars were never good.

professional spooker

Some cars in particular you cannot get new and if you really want one then an old one is the way to go. But if you found a really good de reg one and you can also find a shitter reg one, (depending on why its a shitter) it could also be worth using the de reg one to make the shitter into a not a shitter anymore....

I would use Suzuki SJ413 as an example. If that was the car that filled you rneets you cannot register a new one here (Suzuki Farmworker) as they dont meet the new standards required for new cars. (They have barely changed anything since they first come out. So if you want one you need to buy and old still rego'd one and do it up.
    Maca49, Micky Duck, 223nut and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by 300CALMAN View Post
    That's something I might consider saving BUT in one word RUST. If it has any hidden rust they will find it and you will need to be welded and certified.
    It would have to be in real good condition and cheap.
    I have a pretty original 1980 one and wolf time can be tough.
    From experience would avoid vtnz had problems revinning a bike a few years ago.
    Have also had them pick the shit out of my cruiser will not go back.
    Considering putting discs on the front as the drums struggle with the brake test.
    They will target rust.
    I did a full panel and paint 9 years ago and the odd blister they get.
    But if a goodie and it is what you want to for it.
    The cost of owning old vehicles is part of the deal.
    Not a bad idea to sit on it until a classic as rego cheaper.

Sent from my SM-J530Y using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Martin358 View Post
    Ok guys, its a 81 landcruiser, so i will go to vtnz when they open and ask. Probably not worth it but its in pretty good condition Thanks for the replies.
    This is mine.
    I reckon they are neat.
    But that is me.
    You tell the minister of finance it is an investment.

Sent from my SM-J530Y using Tapatalk

northdude
    It starts at,$300 and goes up from there

Quote Originally Posted by timattalon View Post
    Some cars in particular you cannot get new and if you really want one then an old one is the way to go. But if you found a really good de reg one and you can also find a shitter reg one, (depending on why its a shitter) it could also be worth using the de reg one to make the shitter into a not a shitter anymore....

I would use Suzuki SJ413 as an example. If that was the car that filled you rneets you cannot register a new one here (Suzuki Farmworker) as they dont meet the new standards required for new cars. (They have barely changed anything since they first come out. So if you want one you need to buy and old still rego'd one and do it up.
    They are non compliant because they lack training wheels (abs, air bags, seatbelt pre tensioners etc) Im a fan of em
    Use enough gun

I've got a 1980 diesel flat deck landcruiser if anyone's looking for a restoration project. Unregistered.
    nor-west and NO4 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by 40mm View Post
    They are non compliant because they lack training wheels (abs, air bags, seatbelt pre tensioners etc) Im a fan of em
    Younger bro swears by them.....Saw this one recently.....never be registered again but dam it looks like fun,
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by timattalon; 05-01-2019 at 12:08 AM. Reason: trying to remove one of the pictures......
    Micky Duck and 40mm like this.

Quote Originally Posted by timattalon View Post
    Younger bro swears by them.....Saw this one recently.....never be registered again but dam it looks like fun,
    So cool, I got to play with a rusty one once..... no exhaust, nearly zero brakes and it had been rolled at least once properly so no windows either and all the pillars were on the piss big time. still was a fun litttle tractor.
    Use enough gun

Quote Originally Posted by 40mm View Post
    So cool, I got to play with a rusty one once..... no exhaust, nearly zero brakes and it had been rolled at least once properly so no windows either and all the pillars were on the piss big time. still was a fun litttle tractor.
    The reason the farmworkers stll sell OK is - They are the same price as a new Quad / ATV. Yet they have doors, windows, gearbox and a heater.......Now that they are sold as farm vehicles only there are variants that were not available for the road too..Only downside is even if it is "offroad only" and purchased for "on the farm" the NZTA wont let them be registered as a farm vehicle as it is a "passenger vehicle" Bloody paper pushers cant see past their paper and into the real world.....https://agrihq.co.nz/topic/people-an...topped-at-gate Good looking ute though.

One of my neighbors had his landcruiser registered as a tractor. Drove it to Rotorua regularly.
    40mm likes this.