Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By stagstalker
  • 1 Post By 7mm Rem Mag
  • 2 Post By yeah_na_missed
  • 2 Post By XR500

Thread: GNCC Round 1

GNCC Round 1

Pretty poor first lap with some real silly mistakes before finally settling in. You can see the places I ride with more confidence vs the places I slow up a bit. Had a good crash in the last lap pushing hard, luckily no damage to bike or body. Bloody fun day riding dirt. Fitness has finally got up to standard which made things a lot more enjoyable too.

https://youtu.be/x2L00JNW1Ig?si=vUoiNnwjkD0jo07x
    11mms likes this.

Well done Dillon that was epic, great video. It takes balls to ride like that.

I couldn't help but think you would be dead if you hit a tree or a fence post.

Really enjoyed watching that
    stagstalker likes this.
    When hunting think safety first

I thought the same! (about it taking balls, and hitting tree/fencepost). Bloody awesome. Can def understand the need for fitness, looks exhausting!

One think I couldn't work out though, is when you got stuck quite early on... why did you keep shouting "Stuck!" "Ohhh stuuuuck!!!" when it was pretty obvious you were stuck. Was this some sort of warning to approaching riders?
    stagstalker and XR500 like this.
    bunji likes this.

Thank guys! I wasn’t shouting “stuck” it was a few f words and just fustrated yelling at my situation haha. Lost a lot of places there and used a ton of energy so I was pretty annoyed at myself.

Those steep sections inside pine forests in sand or pumice country can be real bastards for getting stuck in ruts. Gotta practise pivot turns and be prepared to go off piste for a few meters to get around those telecom trenches.

Worst I ever saw was 300 bikes, all stuck in the rain in pumice country, all digging trenches till the bikes were hung up on the pegs and expansion chambers! Only guys who got passed were the pivot turn maestros who worked their way around the mess through the tussock

Riding that fast through timber is now but a distant memory....thank fuck!!! Gives me goosebumps just watching it.
    stagstalker and Mackattack like this.