Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Hard Hilux suspension

I’ve had mechanics tell me the change interval for some shock manufacturers is 40k. Obviously not many changed at 40 k. I normally have them changed at a bout 120k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Dicko View Post
    I’ve had mechanics tell me the change interval for some shock manufacturers is 40k. Obviously not many changed at 40 k. I normally have them changed at a bout 120k.
    All depends what you’re driving on. In Aus Outback, a set of quality twin tube shocks would last <50,000km. Better quality mono tube shocks a bit longer. I’m about to change the factory shocks on the wife’s tarmac only Outlander at 130,000km.

In my experience a lot of guys can’t really tell when shocks are worn. It’s been informative for then when I’ve removed the shock, pushed in the piston, and it stays put… See, told ya.
    Just...say...the...word

Don’t own a Hilux cos they are fucken shit but have fitted all types of suspension and are mostly rough cunts so this is the info I have
    All kits are about the same quality and life , had all the big names and little names snap the silly little front bush mounts off
    For Hard going- iron man is ok, front shocks have available bush to replace when worn which is the only one I have found so far Toyota also keeps strut towers in stock if you are really rough
    Rears seam to hold out , only had a few fail ,get abit hard in ride when you hit 400+ kg springs tho
    One other that I have couple of testers on is the terrain tamer parabolic set up , you get 5-600 kg load with 4 leafs and keep a soft ride when empty