Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: How not to treat a classic

That does not sound cheap baldbob.. but im bure it will be worth it... hope your not like me and get excited and put them in the water before they are finished. Im way too impatitent.

Impure Lead Flinger
    Quote Originally Posted by oneshotkill View Post
    That does not sound cheap baldbob.. but im bure it will be worth it... hope your not like me and get excited and put them in the water before they are finished. Im way too impatitent.
    Hey ya know its an extremly fun hobbie... and those are things that always come at a cost
    Its just a pity that the places that are FUN to boat = repair bills lol
    I know im not the first person to hit the particular girder I hit.. Something should be done about that...
    Looking forward to having her finished again, shes gonna be like a whole new boat

Quote Originally Posted by baldbob View Post
    Another VR... Just a newer one..

And shes getting a 12mm keel instead of the 8mm one it has now..

Getting a few other mods done on her while shes at it... New bisalloy intake grill, double bilge with auto switch..
    Can finally have a leak free boat as the crack in the jetblock the engine and unit had to come out to fix will be gone
    putting new computer and wiring in,...
    Who's doing the work on it? And which river was the culprit?

We've got a boating trip to coast in a few weekends time.
    Shut up, get out & start pushing!

Impure Lead Flinger
    Quote Originally Posted by outdoorlad View Post
    Who's doing the work on it? And which river was the culprit?

We've got a boating trip to coast in a few weekends time.
    Hayden at sheetcraft in ashburton is doing the work...... Hes a mate so I expect a good result lol...

The arnold was the culprit.. Underneath the stillwater bridge....

K95
    Uncle had a 5mm hardened steel plate on the bottom of his fiberglass boat, shit we went some places in that thing.
    Ever been on the club run up the crooked river Bob? That is a hell of a laugh, boats up banks and 50m out into paddocks everytime!

Quote Originally Posted by baldbob View Post

The arnold was the culprit.. Underneath the stillwater bridge....
    You should notify the local council, MSA & maybe the west coast branch of JetboatingNZ about it. My mate got stuck on one in the upper Waiau he thought it was a log, lucky no damage.

Yeah 12mm is the way to go, auto bilge is very handy especially if you forget to put you're bungs in (as I did once)

Impure Lead Flinger
    You should notify the local council, MSA & maybe the west coast branch of JetboatingNZ about it. My mate got stuck on one in the upper Waiau he thought it was a log, lucky no damage.

Yeah 12mm is the way to go, auto bilge is very handy especially if you forget to put you're bungs in (as I did once)
    Yea but its a not supposed a be there river so you just get the... You shouldnt have been there anyway... Ive done a fair bit of boating now and was getting fairly confident, but geez an unseen hunk of metal has really put the shits up me.. Just glad we werent goin really fast or there would have been more than bruises and a black eye in the injury department....

Nevermind we come out of it all the wiser

TB I havent done the crooked run, I wanted to go this year but did the boat in I think the weekend b4!!! Next year

K95
    It's a good run. We used to go up the river then branch off to the left up a wee creek into lady lake then the keen ones would come with us up the wee creek heading into lake peorua, real tight and shitty but a laugh a minute.

Impure Lead Flinger
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahr-Bound View Post
    It's a good run. We used to go up the river then branch off to the left up a wee creek into lady lake then the keen ones would come with us up the wee creek heading into lake peorua, real tight and shitty but a laugh a minute.
    Shizzer thats got me dribbling all over the keyboard......

When im rich I wanna getta wee puddle hopper with a rb20 or something in it.. Just for filling my undies with the brown matter in tight stuff

That's what we are going over to do.

Here's a clip of a mate coming down the Lady Lake stream back into the crooked, they ended up in a tree

Jetboating new zealand style - YouTube

Ha ha ... thats fantastic....!

Here's a clip of a mate coming down the Lady Lake stream back into the crooked, they ended up in a tree

That was farkin cool watched a few others as well the hast river starting with n was cool too

Had a number of skis over the years and always thought of putting one into a dingi........ Never quite got round to it
    Deep v fiberglass and gel coat dont go well with exploring but I tried anyway
    I discovered 165 hp will easily suck a 50mm rock threw a 20 grate!
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

K95

hahahahahah you beauty! That is exactly what I was talking about!!!!!!!!

Take a chainsaw, they really do come in handy up there.We always had a boat that had a decent chainsaw.
    The last crooked river trip I was one we went up into lady lake and found a narrow point coming out into the lake......after a closer look someone threw down the challenge to jump it in our boat.....who were we to turn it down?! Would love to track down the photo's but lets say going flat tap in a v6 chev then shutting her down and bulldozing through 20m of flax is a hell of a thrill!

Impure Lead Flinger
    hahahahahah you beauty! That is exactly what I was talking about!!!!!!!!

Take a chainsaw, they really do come in handy up there.We always had a boat that had a decent chainsaw.
    The last crooked river trip I was one we went up into lady lake and found a narrow point coming out into the lake......after a closer look someone threw down the challenge to jump it in our boat.....who were we to turn it down?! Would love to track down the photo's but lets say going flat tap in a v6 chev then shutting her down and bulldozing through 20m of flax is a hell of a thrill!
    Yea thats the sort of stuff im talking about....

Do you need rain to boat that creek upto lady lake TB or is it fairly forgiving? What about that one into poerua? that would be some fairly skinny sort of stuff Id imagine

It's normally ok to boat but take a weed rake, also it's a one way track so you need to make sure there's no one coming the other way as there was a nasty head on in it years ago, we leave a sign at the bottom advising we are up it. We also take a couple of radios to call thru when each boat has made it to the lake.

The uplifting to boat it is from 1 Aug to 30 Sept