Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Known faults with Ford Territory's?

Quote Originally Posted by HUNTY View Post
    If you use a fuel card it works out ok, i am paying about 93 cents a litre at moment.
    nearly 40 cents a litre cheaper than pump. although you can only use this card at caltex fuel stop (self service)
    but there are a shit load of them around the country. easy enough to apply for one of these cards on line.
    And if you have a vehicle that does 8.6l/100km (a thumping great Mercedes Sprinter with 12 passengers) that is $80/1000km. The lowest RUC category is $63/1000km on top of that.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Quote Originally Posted by GMH72 View Post
    The wife just got a 2012 Santa Fe, the R series diesel is pretty grunty. Earlier ones are OK but the R series is the one. Not really cheap to buy though.... but we really needed 7 seats I am told. Step up from my POS Freelander haha... not sure if I will be allowed to get the Santa Fe dirty though....
    Not sure if this is a widespread problem with Santa Fe, but I know of 2 people who have had their automatics go bang, for no apparent reason, and with no warning. Approx $10k to repair. Both vehicles had done around 150 km and didn't have a towbar. These were 2008 & 2009 models. Could be isolated events, because I know a lot of people with them and love them, but also flick them off around the 90km mark. Local stock agent also has them, so they're guaranteed to have been raced,rallied and possibly rolled at some stage
    veitnamcam likes this.

P38
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage1 View Post
    Sadly my wife has her eye on a 2005 ford territory 4wd.

Before she decides to buy it are there any well known faults with these? I imagine they're thirsty tanks.

We've only got two kids and no boat or horse float, I've tried using reason but what reasonable argument will work on a unreasonable wife?

@Tommy
    Simple solution @Savage1

Tell her that her arse looks fat in it.

Cheers
    Pete
    veitnamcam, Dougie, Beaker and 1 others like this.
    Arguing with an Engineer is like Wrestling a Pig in Mud.

After awhile you realise the Pig loves it.

GWH
    7/8 seater Prado.

We use the 3rd row quite often and we only have two kids.

I'd have a 120 series prado any day over a teriotry. Prado is full time all wheel drive, with a transfer box and low range so some proper 4wd capability as well.
    JoshC likes this.

Known faults with Ford Territory's?

Quote Originally Posted by Savage1 View Post
    Cheers for the responses, I think I'll veto this one.

For some reason she thinks we need a 7 seater.
    Tell her the cool mums are all downsizing, send her down to see Kirst's new car!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Savage1 and Ryan like this.
    "Here's the deal I'm the best there is. Plain and simple. I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence."

Gone but not forgotten Gapped axe's Avatar
    absolutely love mine, without doubt the nicest to drive vehicle I have ever owned. Thirsty? wouldn't say that, my Prado after the Ruc's is dearer to run. Only fault is that they tend to drain batteries with all of the interior lights etc. Mine's a 2009 Ghia I brought it 5yrs ago and it's never missed a beat. Would I buy another? Hell yes I intend to, but I'm not parting with this one soon.
    "ars longa, vita brevis"

I've just bought a V6 Outlander after a lot of research... you can get them in seven seats if you like. Defo go the V6 and second generation, not the CVT and little 2.4. The fuel economy is hardly any different with the real motor and trans.

I looked at a Territory too and the mechanics at work said NO NO NO!!!! Gas guzzlers and heaps of faults.

Beaker likes this.
    She loves the free fresh wind in her hair; Life without care. She's broke but it's oke; that's why the lady is a tramp.

Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt

Uncle had a Santa Fe auto gear box go as well at about the 100 k mark. Apart from that he loves it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pineapple View Post
    This! I heard the same from my wife last weekend. We too only have 2 kids.
    Is she not telling you about the third or future twins?
    Please excuse spelling, as finger speed is sometimes behind brain spped........ Or maybe the other wayy.....

I think she is working the angle of get the seats first then convince me to fill them. Its what I did with my safe
    Dougie, stingray, Beaker and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pineapple View Post
    I think she is working the angle of get the seats first then convince me to fill them. Its what I did with my safe
    Gold. You've been gamed!
    stingray and Pineapple like this.
    Please excuse spelling, as finger speed is sometimes behind brain spped........ Or maybe the other wayy.....

Quote Originally Posted by GMH72 View Post
    7 seats must be a wife thing... we only have two kids
    Yep it is. You must buy a vehicle that can carry your own children, along with all their mates. A bit like buying a house with an extra bedroom for visitors..........

Quote Originally Posted by oraki View Post
    Yep it is. You must buy a vehicle that can carry your own children, along with all their mates. A bit like buying a house with an extra bedroom for visitors..........
    We used to do rock/paper/scissors for the boot! That's Africa for ya
    veitnamcam and Spudattack like this.
    Identify your target beyond all doubt

Quote Originally Posted by berg243 View Post
    if you buy a Hyundai check manual for cambelt change distance and do it before it is due my wifes one starting coming apart at due kms which was 90k not a 100k as we thought the dealer said they had never seen a bet that destroyed without actually breaking.we had a lucky break she pulled up at a intersection not far from home and it suddenly stopped a piece of belt hanging off hit the crank sensor and shut the engine off.saved the engine.
    I think... at least the R series one have a timing chain...

Quote Originally Posted by oraki View Post
    Not sure if this is a widespread problem with Santa Fe, but I know of 2 people who have had their automatics go bang, for no apparent reason, and with no warning. Approx $10k to repair. Both vehicles had done around 150 km and didn't have a towbar. These were 2008 & 2009 models. Could be isolated events, because I know a lot of people with them and love them, but also flick them off around the 90km mark. Local stock agent also has them, so they're guaranteed to have been raced,rallied and possibly rolled at some stage
    Ours has done over 100,0000 we got a warranty and a free service plan so will be OK for at least three years... hopefully. I heard turbos with these ones, could be wrong info though. Heard a lot of different stories about different makes and models, these days there seems to be something either minor, or major wrong with every vehicle.